Good Place to have a Party

H

Heretic

Looking for a good place to have a work related party....beer is a must, food is optional we can bring our own. Somewhere fairly close to base.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
How about checking out the hotels close to the base - they usually have large conference rooms and will supply what you need and you can supply what you want. Cash bar or open bar is optional.

H

Heretic

DOH knew I forgot something

I figure 50-75 people would like to keep it arround $500

H

Heretic

That sounds a bit fancy for us, we're not snooty NAVAIR pukes, were leftover NAWC pukes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The Brass Rail has a good party room. That's where we have had the 3.0 (NAWC) Christmas party the last couple of years.

H

Heretic

Its not bad, just looking for something different is all.

3.0 isnt that contracting? You might be one of the people I swear at when I hang up the phone LOL.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
The Wharf in Solomons has a nice room, good food with lots of variety, and is not hoity toity. Probably could definitely stay within your price range, too!

H

Heretic

Hmmm might have to check that out, might be farther than people want to go too.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Okay - answer these questions and then you can narrow down your selections -
do you want other "entertainment" there? Men only or coed? Do you really want to be bothered with providing food? Do you want just a room and you do the rest? do you want booze only? Is this a time to let down your hair - or do you still have to maintain workplace respectablity?
Room only - try the conference center or a local hotel - the hotel is liable to give you a discount since you are pax
booze only - most places, restaurant and/or hotels usually give you an option of having a cash bar or open.
entertainment - try a place with sports screens - like damon's or 3 bros, or a place with pool tables, or Roses place (if it is male only), or heck even hyper space or the bowling alley
don't really want to bother with the food - look at local dining establishments - most will cordone off space, are bar accessible, and will provide for all your wants with an open credit card or pre-pay - asahi, 3 bros, damons, applebees, ruby tuesdays - any of them
if you have to maintain your workplace respectability - look at the hotels, or one of the nicer dining - otherwise get creative - juvenile can equal fun

G

giggles04

Originally posted by RoseRed
The Brass Rail has a good party room. That's where we have had the 3.0 (NAWC) Christmas party the last couple of years.

Yeah... go with the Rail... always fun:smile:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Forgot one

rent space from the vfw - and get kegs of beer cheaper Bring your own food though

Ridunno

Elk's Lodge

(301) 863-7800
It is off Chancellors Run (sp) Road, across from the Firehouse.
You can buy a keg, or they can provide a complete bar with a bartender.