Skimmers FYI

Otter

Nothing to see here
(received this from a friend in the court system, pretty sure its legit)

In an effort to keep all DCMA employees informed and protected the following is a financial crimes alert sent out by the Prince George County Police Financial Crimes Unit:

UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE AGENT RICK DEAN HAS RECOVERED AT LEAST TWO SKIMMERS. A SKIMMER IS AN ILLEGAL DEVICE USED TO CAPTURE AND STORE INFORMATION FROM CREDIT CARDS. LISTED BELOW ARE THE RESTAURANTS WHERE THE CARDS WERE SKIMMED. THE CARDS WERE SKIMMED FROM 12-05 THRU 2-06.

1. RED HOT & BLUE
1600 WILSON BLVD.
ARLINGTON, VA. 22209
FROM 12-05 THRU 2-06

2. DuCLAW BREWERY
4000 TOWN CENTER BLVD
BOWIE, MD. 20716
FROM 12-05 THRU 1-06

3. JASPERS RESTAURANT
9640 LOTTSFORD COURT
LARGO, MD. 20774
FROM 1-06 THRU 2/06

4. UNO'S CHICAGO GRILL
4001 TOWN CENTER BLVD.
BOWIE, MD. 20716
IN 12-05

YOU, THE CARDHOLDER, MAY NOT BE AWARE THE CARD HAS BEEN SKIMMED. IF THE CARD WAS USED AT ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED LOCATIONS PLEASE VERIFY ANY CHARGES MADE AFTER ANY LEGITIMATE CHARGE. IF YOUR CARD HAS FRAUD, PLEASE THE PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY FINANCIAL CRIMES UNIT, 301-772-4237, DETECTIVE L. MCCANN. THE INFORMATION WILL BE FORWARDED TO US SECRET SERVICE AGENT RICHARD DEAN.

The legitimacy of this alert was verified with the Prince George County
Police Department.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Mikeinsmd said:
Cool info but why in the "Entertainment" section?

Restaurants/Bars is where its happening so I put it here....If I put it in chit chat or some other place it would have been buried faster..:shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Wonder how many people are looking here and going.."Wow, I wonder where Skimmers is?"

Agee

Thanks Otter! :cheers:

Other than the place in Arlington, the businesses are fairly close to one another, ummmmm.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Skimmers would make a good name for a club lol.

Its odd I ate at Uno's at the Blvd Cap Ctr and I was planning to go to Jaspers sometime this month but I don't think so. Thanks Otis, oops Otter :yay: