Revisiting the ports (non) deal...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...it's still happening, the missing the point.

The Washington Post and left leaning editorialists (Cohen, Dione etc...) who claim they think the deal should have gone through are tarring everyone they can get their hands on with the same brush; racists, xenophobes.

They are mad at Hillary and Schumer and all the bandwagon GOP'ers who attacked the port deal as opportunists trafficking in fear.

Well, I'm sure there is some of that, but, they go through the reasons time and again and, of course, mention 'foreigners' but never, not once, the real issue; foreign GOVERNMENT.

Now, for all my friends who supported the deal on simple business grounds, this is not directed at you. For those on the left who just can't seem to squeeze such a large idea into their pea brains, I'll make this simple.

Substitute the shipping company that bought P&O with the word "Halliburton".

Now, substitute "Princess Dubai" or whatever his name, the guy who owns and runs the company with the name..."Dick Cheney."

So, all you have to do is remember the apoplexy it gave you even thinking about a US business run by a person high in government let alone being a stock holder.

There. If you are upset and see all manner of conflict when an American, our Veep, would have such a conflicting position, which we don't because WE have laws, then now you understand the conflict of a FOREIGN government official owning and operating such an important concern.

It's easy if you just try.