Found Fetuses Were Woman's 'Self-Abortions'

rack'm

Jaded
ROME, Ga. -- Police believe the remains of two fetuses found in a storage unit were self-aborted by the wife of a former Indiana women's basketball coach.

Last week, authorities received a tip that Sarah Jo Warner Izard kept the remains of two fetuses in a storage shed in Rome.

Authorities are trying to determine if any laws were broken.

No charges have been filed, and police are unwilling to speculate on what laws, if any, may have been violated for storing the fetuses.

The Izards lived in Rome for two years when Jim Izard coached the Berry College women's basketball team. He resigned in January 2005 and moved to Florida, where he committed suicide last month. Bay County Sheriff's spokeswoman Ruth Sasser said her office has interviewed Sarah Izard about the fetuses, but Sasser wont' comment on what was said.

Indiana University paid Jim Izard to settle a discrimination lawsuit he filed against the school four years ago.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
clothes hanger.

I know that, but it seems as though perhaps these were not a tiny first trimester blob that could have been flushed. If in case they were 2nd or 3rd, how would one go about it then?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
RoseRed said:
I know that, but it seems as though perhaps these were not a tiny first trimester blob that could have been flushed. If in case they were 2nd or 3rd, how would one go about it then?
There is a pill you can take to induce labor, and in preterm pregnancies, induce a spontaneous abortion. I saw it on Law and Order awhile back. :ohwell:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
There is a pill you can take to induce pregnancy, and in preterm pregnancies, induce a spontaneous abortion. I saw it on Law and Order awhile back. :ohwell:

Probably, but wouldn't have to be prescribed by a doctor? Wouldn't said doctor know how to dispose of the fetus?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
RoseRed said:
Probably, but wouldn't have to be prescribed by a doctor? Wouldn't said doctor know how to dispose of the fetus?
In this fictitious scenario, the girl stole a prescription pad from a doctor and prescribed it herself.

CMC122

Go Braves!
There are oldtime "remedies" that woman used to do to induce an abortion. I do believe eating large amounts of peas and doing something with Queen Annes Lace flowers........... what it was I can't recall.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
CMC122 said:
There are oldtime "remedies" that woman used to do to induce an abortion. I do believe eating large amounts of peas and doing something with Queen Annes Lace flowers........... what it was I can't recall.

My Gram told me about herbs like pennyroyal, black or blue cohosh, angelica and Tansy that could end pregnancy. But you'd have to really know your stuff because some of them can be seriously toxic.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Nickel said:
n this fictitious scenario, the girl stole a prescription pad from a doctor and prescribed it herself.
I think it was misoprostol...used to prevent ulcers but can cause uterine contractions resulting in an abortion.