Immigration Rallies Draw Thousands Nationwide

ylexot

Super Genius
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Thousands of people across the country protested Friday against legislation cracking down on illegal immigrants, with demonstrators in such cities as Los Angeles, Phoenix and Atlanta staging school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

What caught my eye was this:
Hundreds of the students, some carrying Mexican flags, walked down the middle of Los Angeles streets, police cruisers behind them.
Ok, protesting...fine. Carrying the Mexican flag while trying to argue for staying in the United States...:dork: Do they really want to be US citizens or do they just want our money? If it is the latter, I say get the f#*& out!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That stuff cracks me up. They had one immigrant guy on the news saying, "You can't force us to leave!"

Yes, we can, brother. :lol:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
That stuff cracks me up. They had one immigrant guy on the news saying, "You can't force us to leave!"

Yes, we can, brother. :lol:
And if he was illegal, he should have been arrested on the spot and put on a plane to Mexico City.

ylexot

Super Genius
I love how they are saying that they want their freedom. Ummm, if you weren't free, you wouldn't have the capability to protest :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

2ndAmendment said:
And if he was illegal, he should have been arrested on the spot and put on a plane to Mexico City.
:yeahthat:

Would someone splain' to me how illegals can get drivers license's, SSN's, go to schools etc...??? :confused:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
ylexot URL said:
Ok, protesting...fine. Carrying the Mexican flag while trying to argue for staying in the United States...:dork: Do they really want to be US citizens or do they just want our money? If it is the latter, I say get the f#*& out!

No. What they really want, if you follow the story, is California back.

Give it some thought. It's really not the worst thing that could happen to the US. Add to that it's gonna fall into the sea one day. Hard to say when that will happen as the Vice President has been very busy of late and, perhaps, right now might be a real good time to make a deal.

Mikeinsmd

Larry Gude said:
No. What they really want, if you follow the story, is California back. Give it some thought. It's really not the worst thing that could happen to the US. Add to that it's gonna fall into the sea one day. Hard to say when that will happen as the Vice President has been very busy of late and, perhaps, right now might be a real good time to make a deal.
Surely you're not implying that Quickdraw Cheney isn't at the skunk works tuning the earthquake maker 3000 (Beta)??? :yikes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
These things take time...

Mikeinsmd said:
Surely you're not implying that Quickdraw Cheney isn't at the skunk works tuning the earthquake maker 3000 (Beta)??? :yikes:

...you can't just run up Tsunamis and Hurricanes without at least some maintenance and repair. Election is coming. Be patient.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
That's all they could muster up was thousands nationwide??:confused: You would think it would be a bigger issue to them. I bet if there was an anti immagration rally, there would be more than thousands show up.

B

Bruzilla

ylexot said:
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Thousands of people across the country protested Friday against legislation cracking down on illegal immigrants, with demonstrators in such cities as Los Angeles, Phoenix and Atlanta staging school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

What caught my eye was this:

I still don't get it. During Italian-American events they march under the Italian flag. During pro-Irish meetings they meet under the Irish flag. But God help you if you march under a Mexican flag... that's just un-American.

What I thought was really interesting was the total lack of any mention of violence during these protests. 500,000 people in LA get together to protest and there's few arrests and little violence? Maybe we can hire these guys to teach African-Americans how to act civilly during protests.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are completely dysfunctional in this country with regard to our immigration laws. "Don't criminalize illegal immigrants" - someone needs to look up the definition of "illegal".

Vicente Fox gets all pissed off when we turn his citizens back at the border, yet you'd think it would embarrass him that his folks are flocking over here because they can't get decent work in the country that HE runs. And Bush, for some reason, feels the need to negotiate with this nagin about HIS people coming over here ILLEGALLY!

:banghead:

This loon on MSNBC was going on about how Mexicans aren't a threat to us and there's no reason to block them from coming over undocumented. Well DUH! Nobody stops to think that if our borders are completely porous, then Al Qaeda and other enemies won't have to bother with VISA rigamarole. They'll just hop a plane to Mexico, then come across completely undocumented and unfettered.

And Zogby just release a poll that showed Mexicans' generally low opinion of America and Americans in general:
http://zogby.com/Soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=12882

So why the frig do they keep coming over here???????

Pete

Repete
Wonder why W doesn't sent Fox a memo stating we are going to annex Mexico and make is the 51st - 60th states, and he and his cronies need to clear the eff out of the new governors residence.. Instead of them coming to us, we should just bring it to them. Tax the crap out of them to support themselves.

SamSpade

Bruzilla said:
I still don't get it. During Italian-American events they march under the Italian flag. During pro-Irish meetings they meet under the Irish flag. But God help you if you march under a Mexican flag... that's just un-American.

What I thought was really interesting was the total lack of any mention of violence during these protests. 500,000 people in LA get together to protest and there's few arrests and little violence? Maybe we can hire these guys to teach African-Americans how to act civilly during protests.
So what flag do you march under if you're an "Illegal-American"?

Agee

vraiblonde said:
Vicente Fox gets all pissed off when we turn his citizens back at the border, yet you'd think it would embarrass him that his folks are flocking over here because they can't get decent work in the country that HE runs. And Bush, for some reason, feels the need to negotiate with this nagin about HIS people coming over here ILLEGALLY!

:banghead:
V. Fox also wants to play a significant role in the development of America's revamped imigration policies, since a majority of the imigrants are from Mexico...

Conversely, Mexico's constitution forbids any foriegn influeneces dictating Mexican policies! Go figure...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Airgasm said:
V. Fox also wants to play a significant role in the development of America's revamped imigration policies, since a majority of the imigrants are from Mexico...

Conversely, Mexico's constitution forbids any foriegn influeneces dictating Mexican policies! Go figure...
And there is a faction of our society that thinks this is perfectly reasonable.

Go figure, indeed. :rolleyes:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Pete said:
Wonder why W doesn't sent Fox a memo stating we are going to annex Mexico and make is the 51st - 60th states, and he and his cronies need to clear the eff out of the new governors residence.. Instead of them coming to us, we should just bring it to them. Tax the crap out of them to support themselves.
That's what I say. Except I'd draw the boundary from Tabasco to Arriaga. That way we'd only have to build a few hundred miles of wall instead of a thousand or more.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bruzilla said:

You know what Bru. I think you must run a string of illegals to augment your income. You are always for the illegal immigrant. What don't you understand about the word "illegal"? You and Sen. Feinstein have the inability to understand common words in common. She can't understand "infringed", and you can't understand "illegal".

Steve

Enjoying life!
2ndAmendment said:
You know what Bru. I think you must run a string of illegals to augment your income. You are always for the illegal immigrant. What don't you understand about the word "illegal"? You and Sen. Feinstein have the inability to understand common words in common. She can't understand "infringed", and you can't understand "illegal".
Bush needs to tell these people "You're either with us, or you're against us." :yay: Then they can't say they weren't warned.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
gumby said:
That's all they could muster up was thousands nationwide??:confused: You would think it would be a bigger issue to them. I bet if there was an anti immagration rally, there would be more than thousands show up.
Most of the illegals probably had to work!!

Now ask about welfare reform, those people will come out in the millions..