What the he!!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
When I moved here last July, everyone assured me that you guys rarely get snow down here, and that the cut-off between snow and rain was always somewhere between Prince Frederick or Waldorf and the beltway.

I think it was just a dirty trick to get me to move down here to work.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by sleuth14
When I moved here last July, everyone assured me that you guys rarely get snow down here, and that the cut-off between snow and rain was always somewhere between Prince Frederick or Waldorf and the beltway.

I think it was just a dirty trick to get me to move down here to work.

Delta's ready when you are!!!
:biggrin:
:howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by sleuth14
When I moved here last July, everyone assured me that you guys rarely get snow down here
Yeah, thanks for bringing the snow with you, Sleuth! :duh: :nono: :lmao:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
more freakin' snow

Actually I am blaming the snow on my son... when we moved up here last july from the wonderful warm sunny state of Florida ... he said " I hope it snows A LOT here " .... he wished it on us ... but seriously ... it was a novelty the first couple times ... but ... ummm.... enuff already ... bring on spring !!!!!! If I had my choice I would most certainly be calling Delta and flying south just to defrost :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: What the he!!

Originally posted by cariblue
This area doesn't typically get a lot of bad weather, and it's true that it usually skirts around us, but I've been following the Farmers Almanac, and it has been dead on every year. Don't expect this to be the last storm this year. So far, it's been exactly as predicted.

Very true! I was looking at a copy of the Almanac at work and I believe it did say we would have a large snow storm mid to late Feb. I only got a glance so I may be wrong.

G

giggles04

Re: Re: What the he!!

Originally posted by cariblue
This area doesn't typically get a lot of bad weather, and it's true that it usually skirts around us, but I've been following the Farmers Almanac, and it has been dead on every year. Don't expect this to be the last storm this year. So far, it's been exactly as predicted.

You just have to love the Farmer's Almanac... you're right... its been dead on. Let it keep on snowing!

G

giggles04

Originally posted by ememdee19
How bout that lovely ice storm about 6 or 7 years ago?????

Oh yes.. the lovely ice storm... had to love that... NOT!
And how bout the second snow of '96... not the "blizard of '96 " but the one after it. Fun times

SeaRide

How about the snowstorm on my birthday on Jan 13, 1981 when I stayed home (school closed) and watch TV news about the Florida-bound Boeing 747 that crashed in the Potomac River near the 14 st bridge?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by SeaRide
How about the snowstorm on my birthday on Jan 13, 1981 when I stayed home (school closed) and watch TV news about the Florida-bound Boeing 747 that crashed in the Potomac River near the 14 st bridge?

Remember it well, but I think it was a 737...Turned Lenny Skudnik into a hero. My ex b-in-law was 4 cars behind one of the cars that was flattened on the bridge.

Read about that day here

Last edited:

SeaRide

Originally posted by otter
Remember it well, but I think it was a 737...Turned Lenny Skudnik into a hero. My ex b-in-law was 4 cars behind one of the cars that was flattened on the bridge.

Read about that day here
Speak of the bridge, my mother left the car in Crystal City and hike to the bridge. My father had to parked his pickup truck somewhere before bridge in DC and walk across the bridge to get my mother from the Virginia side. It was really something.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
How about the snowstorm on my birthday on Jan 13, 1981
It was 1982...I actually remember that one; it was a bad day for me too.

K

Kizzy

If you have seen the video tape from that crash, you will see my dad pulling people out of the water. It was a horrible day. My father is now a retired D.C. police officer, and he was one of the first ones on the scene after it happened. I was very proud of my father that day, but he didn't feel that way at all. He said it was one of the toughest days to do his job, and one of the few times, I saw him cry.