Favorite "Hair Band" and Song

C

czygvtwkr

I think I have to vote for Skid Row and "I Remember You"

Lets hear some

Pandora

Def Leppard Pyromania :yay: I just cannot pick one song :bawl:

HOME TOWN FAVORITE - Kix (Don't Close You Eyes) – They were incredible at Wilmer’s Park back in 80’s, and I met the band. :yahoo:

Judas Priest - Some Heads Are Gonna Roll (Would they be a hair band considering the lead singer had no hair? :confused:)

Tesla - Before My Eyes (I don't think Tesla EVER sang a song I didn't like)

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Pandora said:
Def Leppard Pyromania :yay: I just cannot pick one song :bawl:

HOME TOWN FAVORITE - Kix (Don't Close You Eyes) – They were incredible at Wilmer’s Park back in 80’s, and I met the band. :yahoo:

Judas Priest - Some Heads Are Gonna Roll (Would they be a hair band considering the lead singer had no hair? :confused:)

Tesla - Before My Eyes (I don't think Tesla EVER sang a song I didn't like)
I think I'm going to have to look into getting a Tesla CD :yay: After a night of no sleep some time ago and seeing an advertisement for the Hair Band Ballads, or whatever, I'll find myself with a Tesla earworm.

Not a bad little worm... :whistle:

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noise

That song was sooooooooooooo over played. Uggg

Y & T - Summertime Girls (way early 80's) & Mean Streak

I think JohnZ said he had that in his car at one time ~ well ~ My cassette finally committed suicide last year. :bawl:

I still have it on LP, in a closet huntr isn't allowed in. :whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Guns and Roses - take your pick.

:love: "Welcome To The Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine"... I played both of them on the jukebox tonight. :dude:

I'll admit I love some of Bon Jovi in their "hair" phase. The video for "Living On a Prayer" still makes me drool. :blushing:

fttrsbeerwench

Ratt...... Round and Round

Motley Crue... GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS !!!

Poison..... Any one of their videos grips me like a hormone powered vice:faint:

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:
:love: "Welcome To The Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine"... I played both of them on the jukebox tonight. :dude:
Too bad they split up. Now Axel sounds like crap whereas the rest are :dude: with Velvet Revolver.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Too bad they split up. Now Axl sounds like crap whereas the rest are :dude: with Velvet Revolver.
Very true and very sad. Axl did it to himself though. :ohwell:

Pandora

jazz lady said:

I'll admit I love some of Bon Jovi in their "hair" phase. The video for "Living On a Prayer" still makes me drool. :blushing:

I went to a Bon Jovi concert at the Caps Center and sat next to a speaker. :ohwell: My husband and I thought we were going to vomit, but I still love Bon Jovi. :cheers:

I've seen Tesla, Judias Prest, Quit Riot, Def Leppard, Ratt, Guns and Roses, Metallica, Faith No More, Lita Ford, Loverboy, Skid Row, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Poison, and I know there are more that have escaped me. Yep, I'm bragging. :lmao:

I have to change my favorite song to "Still Loving You" Scorpions (that of course is subject to change :ohwell:)

Last edited:

fttrsbeerwench

I never really got in to seeing bands in those big arenas.. I always liked small clubs better...Anthrax, Testament, OVERKILL!!!!!

The easiest way to meet rockers was in small clubs...:dude:

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

WhiteSnake - Slow An' Easy

White Lion - Wait & When the Children Cry

Bon Jovi - ANYTHING

Tons more, but it's too early!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
jazz lady said:
Very true and very sad. Axl did it to himself though. :ohwell:
You know what the worst part is? Axl is no longer on drugs or alcohol, and its affected his creativity. When he went straight it caused all out war with the band. I love to hear Slash play with Velvet Revolver, but their songs aren't as good as GNR was in its prime.

Last edited:

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Kix all the way.If you like them then you sould go www.funnymoneyband.com Thats Steve Whitemans new band he has some of the guys from kix with him to.A few time a year the put on kix's shows with just about the whole kix band.I've gone and seen funny money 4 times and Steve can puts a show a every time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Van Halen, w/Diamond Dave. Any song....unless LedZep and Aerosmith are considered hair bands.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and AC/DC were never hair metal. I classify those bands as classic meat-and-potatoes metal, which has more aggression and attitude. Those bands helped influence the thrash bands that followed, like Metallica, Anthrax and Testament. The thrash crowd had long hair too, at least for a while, but they regarded hair metal as just pop music with distortion. I remember seeing James Hetfield with a "Kill Bon Jovi" sticker on his guitar.

Hair metal is mostly about sex. Most of the hair bands were American, although later Def Leppard and Whitesnake qualify as hair metal. I don't think Guns 'n' Roses were hair metal because of their street attitude. Motley Crue is a judgment call--they veered between classic metal and hair metal.