Age of the world

Hessian

NOT an easy question...

I'll go out on a limb and speculate that according to Ice core strata (which I feel is FAR more reliable than radioactive isotopes)

45,000 max....very possibly less,...and only a slim chance older.

blacklabman

According to the cosmologists it is about 14 billions years old. According to the hard core Jews/Christians it is about 6,000 years old. I tend to believe the cosmologists.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tough question indeed. Define the word "world". Are you speaking of the age of the earth or to a time when humans began occupying it?

Mikeinsmd

Ken King said:
Tough question indeed. Define the word "world". Are you speaking of the age of the earth or to a time when humans began occupying it?
Hey, since Otter isn't around why don't you take it? :jet:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I've got the chips, tea, fried chicken and apple pie loaded into the picnic basket. Anything else before I head to the Lake for the show? :tap:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
I've got the chips, tea, fried chicken and apple pie loaded into the picnic basket. Anything else before I head to the Lake for the show? :tap:
I'm sitting with you!!!! :snacks:

....oh, wine. :yay:

Hessian

6000 years...

Does that put the garden at 4000 BC?

My problem with that young of an age is we rely too heavily on genealogies that are likely non sequential (that is....gaps)
I am "in the line of Olthoff"...but my last "Olthoff" ancestor was born in the 1840's.

I do believe in vast catastrophies that doesn't fit the uniformity models that scientists heavily rely upon...and science has been exploring these calamities for decades. I am convinced that these mass disturbances "screw-up" the Old earth theories.
However...The multiple ice-age geologic evidence...the strata layers found in ice & rock--I just am unwilling to accept the idea that God created that with implied age.---I also do not believe (as some do) that the dinosaurs came thousands (millions...?) of years before Adam. Sin brought death...the great lizards became extinct sometime after man's presence.