Mama Leone's Brick Oven Pizza

Riddler said:
I see it has opened in the Callaway Village Center.

Anyone been and have a review?

Nope, but may have to stop by on the way home from work. Its a little outta the way, but brick oven pizza is awesome!

PrepH4U

Well service was really trying to get it right, still working some kinks out, but all were very pleasant and helpful. They don't have all the items on the menu yet. I had the steak & cheese sub, it was very very good, the steak was very tasty. Hubby had the lasagna and liked it, the piece was too big for him to eat it all. We got a small cheese pizza to bring home and I tasted it and was good. They didn't have any take out menus left and they said they were going to get more in. Overall it was good and will definately go again.

emiloch

7D Girl
I agree that the service was a little slow. They had a lot of people working there, but they had to come back to our table to retake our order (I think they lost it). When we finally did get our food, it was delicious. We got a 12-inch "Rustica" pizza, but honestly, it seemed too small for two people. I'd order two or even three of those for a family.

They were out of chicken and their credit card machine didn't work, so that was mildly frustrating. In addition, one server kept insisting that we try the gelato, evidently not taking the hint that we were eating and wanted to be left alone. :rolleyes:

Bottom line: The food is good, but I'll wait until they've worked out the kinks before I go back.

Bonehead

I made the big mistake of trying to oder a carry out pizza last night. After being cut off on the phone three times I finally got my order taken. I gave them 45 minutes to get the pizza done. OK I get there and oh it is just afew more minutes......Pay my 20 dollars plus for the pizza and take it home. The pizza looks like a three year olds attempt at a pizza....I take the first bite and yes you guessed it the bottom was burned...Get back in the car drive the seven miles back and the only thing they would offer is a refund. Oh yeah if I wanted to wait another 45 minutes they would cook another one.....Don't f'ing think so. Needless to say I will never spend another dime there and I suggest that no one else bother to waste their money there either. I don't understand how a pizza joint can F up a pizza.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bonehead said:
I don't understand how a pizza joint can F up a pizza.
:shrug: The teenager cooking ddn't know what he was doing?

Riding club is supposed to meet there tonight. I'll post the results.

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
I like how the people at the pool place next door order from Pizza hut or Four Star Pizza every day and eat it out front for all to see the delivery boxes. I don't think he made any friends at the shopping center. The place sucks, they got my $25 for a bland pizza and a burnt calzone. Never again. His food is worse than his news paper.