Mr. Tire

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I will never go to Mr. Tire again.

They screwed me. The first guy, Brian, said he'd adjust the tire, but he never got it in for over two weeks. This new guy, Chris, (don't know what happened to the 1st one) got it in in one day but immediately set about trying to tell me it is not a tire defect. I tell him the other three are older than the one that is bad and have more tread. The original four were put on by NTW and never had a problem. Tore a hole in the side wall of right front and had Mr. Tire behind BJ's replace it. The right front is the only tire I am having a problem with. Whump, whump, whump as we drive down the road and skipping wear pattern. I think it must have been out of balance from the start. Chris blames truck suspension.
  • Well, all 4 of your shocks are leaking.
  • Then why does just one tire have a problem?
  • Well, it is because the tires weren't rotated.
  • They only have a little over 4000 miles on them and why don't the other tires have the same problem?
  • I'm not saying the shocks are causing the problem, and we can't tell how much mileage because the tire was brought in on a rim.
  • Yeah. The original tire had a tear in the side wall. I took the truck into the California store on the spare. They took the rim and tire out of the back and put on the new tire.
  • I can't say because I wasn't there.
  • The production code on the tire is too old. It can't be the one we put on.
  • That is crap! Give me my keys. Wait till I get this on the Internet.

This is not a cheap tire $200+ each Michelin LTX AT. So I am screwed. I still need a replacement tire, but I will not give Mr. Tire, any Mr. Tire, another dime.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
2ndAmendment said:

They screwed me. The first guy, Brian, said he'd adjust the tire, but he never got it in for over two weeks. This new guy, Chris, (don't know what happened to the 1st one) got it in in one day but immediately set about trying to tell me it is not a tire defect. I tell him the other three are older than the one that is bad and have more tread. The original four were put on by NTW and never had a problem. Tore a hole in the side wall of right front and had Mr. Tire behind BJ's replace it. The right front is the only tire I am having a problem with. Whump, whump, whump as we drive down the road and skipping wear pattern. I think it must have been out of balance from the start. Christ blames truck suspension.
  • They only have a little over 4000 miles on them and why don't the other tires have the same problem?
  • I'm not saying the shocks are causing the problem, and we can't tell how much mileage because the tire was brought in on a rim.
  • Yeah. The original tire had a tear in the side wall. I took the truck into the California store on the spare. They took the rim and tire out of the back and put on the new tire.

This is not a cheap tire $200+ each Michelin LTX AT. So I am screwed. I still need a replacement tire, but I will not give Mr. Tire, any Mr. Tire, another dime.
Scalloping is usually caused by a bad alignment or a bad suspension/ shock.. I've got the same thing on the LR right Front tire.. 89,000 miles on the truck so it figures about right. and if that's the cause it happens QUICK..

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Scalloping is usually caused by a bad alignment or a bad suspension/ shock.. I've got the same thing on the LR right Front tire.. 89,000 miles on the truck so it figures about right. and if that's the cause it happens QUICK..
They checked alignment - OK. Shocks are just beginning to show signs of needing replacement, so I'll replace them. No problems with ball joints or other suspension parts.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Cheseldine Tire - with Meineke in front of Walmart - is close by and reasonable. You may want to try there in the future. Also I think someone posted once that they had a positive experience with the Tires Plus store in First Colony.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
and I've been happy with BJ''s.. OTHER then they changed the wrong tire one time. Prices are right, and ALL I want them to do is mount and balance.. anything more technical then that, I'll go elsewhere.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bresamil said:
Cheseldine Tire - with Meineke in front of Walmart - is close by and reasonable. You may want to try there in the future. Also I think someone posted once that they had a positive experience with the Tires Plus store in First Colony.
and I agree with Cheseldine.. I think I've seen a lot of postive posts on here about them, and I have NO complaints about there work.. and they just did a Head Gasket, and radiator replacement on the truck.. (My fault, I had a TINY radiator leak, and never fixed it)

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
karma said:
Yes. Being a Christian does not mean being "milk toast". It is not un-Christian to expect to have things made right. Jesus threw the money changers and vendors out of the temple. He called the scribes and Pharisees vipers. He did not put up with wrong until it was time for His crucifixion.

So I call attention to my experience with Mr. Tire. Others can do as they wish.

M

missperky

2ndAmendment said:
Great Mills Road.

I have had the worst experience at the Mechanicsville one, but have had no problems at the one in Leonardtown.

misslady67

2ndAmendment said:

They screwed me. The first guy, Brian, said he'd adjust the tire, but he never got it in for over two weeks. This new guy, Chris, (don't know what happened to the 1st one) got it in in one day but immediately set about trying to tell me it is not a tire defect. I tell him the other three are older than the one that is bad and have more tread. The original four were put on by NTW and never had a problem. Tore a hole in the side wall of right front and had Mr. Tire behind BJ's replace it. The right front is the only tire I am having a problem with. Whump, whump, whump as we drive down the road and skipping wear pattern. I think it must have been out of balance from the start. Christ blames truck suspension.

:yeahthat:
I had a BAD Mr. Tire experience too. I had my wheel alignment done by Tires Plus and then a couple weeks later I had a coupon for Mr. Tire and since they were close to work I went by there to have my oil change. WELL...they came out and said I needed a front end alignment...WTF I JUST HAD ONE. So, I took the car back to Tires Plus and their mechanic (Joe) said yes it's out of alignment but there's no way you could have done this. Hmmmm that means Mr. Tire fu@ked it up! So Tires Plus did another alignment for free and I have only been taking my car there since...that was like 2 years ago. I do know that you should only take your car to one shop perferably the same mechanic...that makes a BIG difference JMO :howdy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
2ndAmendment said:

Cheseldine. :yay: Totally honest people both times I've had my car there!

Pandora

I think somebody was making a comment about your typo 2A. I think you meant Chris, not Christ. :lmao: If it was Christ, maybe you out to take his word for it. :razz:

I just had 4 new tires put on at Mr. Tire a few weeks ago. I hope I don't run into a problem, but I've also heard from a friend of mine that worked at the one over in the park that they are a bunch of idiots there. :ohwell:

I went to the one in Mechanicsville.

Did you by chance get a copy of the reading before and after the alignment? I wonder if they didn't actually do one.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
How many miles on the truck??
160K, but I keep it in good shape. Lube and oil regularly and filters when needed. I knew the shocks were just starting to go before I went into Mr. Tire about this. I will either replace them myself or have some place do it depending on my aches and pains.

I have not driven the truck much until the last two weeks when I kept driving it to work because I kept expecting Brian, or Mr. Tire, to call me to tell me my tire was in. Didn't happen, so I called and Brian was gone and Chris was there. He did get the tire, but it was plain that he had no intention of doing any adjustment. Normally I drive our Toyota because of gas prices except on weekends to keep the Suburban rolling. Nothing worse on a vehicle than not using it at all.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
I've heard good about them. :yay:

Pete

Repete
2ndAmendment said:
160K, but I keep it in good shape. Lube and oil regularly and filters when needed. I knew the shocks were just starting to go before I went into Mr. Tire about this. I will either replace them myself or have some place do it depending on my aches and pains.

I have not driven the truck much until the last two weeks when I kept driving it to work because I kept expecting Brian, or Mr. Tire, to call me to tell me my tire was in. Didn't happen, so I called and Brian was gone and Christ was there. He did get the tire, but it was plain that he had no intention of doing any adjustment. Normally I drive our Toyota because of gas prices except on weekends to keep the Suburban rolling. Nothing worse on a vehicle than not using it at all.
:lmao: I hope the Messiah doesn't work at Mr. Tire.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Pandora said:
I think somebody was making a comment about your typo 2A. I think you meant Chris, not Christ. :lmao: If it was Christ, maybe you out to take his word for it. :razz: ...
Toxick said:
If He does, then I'd say it merits a look.
:killingme Yeah, you are right. I type Christ far more than Chris, so my fingers were on a roll.