Brown Recluse Spider

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
(Pictures are in order of days).

It's summertime & cleanup is going on. Be careful where you put your hands. They like dark spaces & woodpiles.

Also cool This guy areas in the attic..............................................cw

bitten by a Brown Recluse spider.

Day 3

The following illustrates the progression
of a brown recluse spider bite.
The affected skin actually dies on his body.

Day 5

Some of the pictures towards the end are pretty nasty,
but take a look at the last one -- it is a picture of the spider itself.

Day 6

The Brown Recluse Spider is the most
dangerous spider that we have here in the USA.

Day 9

A person can die from it's bite. We all should know what the spider looks like .

Day 10

Send this around to people you love, because it is almost summertime.

People will be digging around, doing yard work, spring cleaning,
and sometimes in their attics.

The Dangerous Brown Recluse Spider

Please be careful.
Spider bites are dangerous and can have permanent
and highly negative consequences.

They like the darkness and tend to live in storage sheds or attics or other
areas that might not be frequented by people or light.

If you have a need to be in your attic, go up there and turn on a light
and leave it on for about 30 minutes before you go in to do your work.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS!

Attachments

• BrownRecluseSpider.bmp
    22.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Day3.bmp
    16.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Day5.bmp
    24.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Day6.bmp
    27.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Day9.bmp
    22 KB · Views: 181

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
When I was in high school one of my friend's dad was bitten by a brown recluse. Nasty. :ohwell:

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
That's some pretty good info on that spider, thanks.

I've seen two black widows so far this year, one in my garage, and one underneath one of my splash blocks, but so far no brown recluse spiders have shown up.

Toxick

Splat
Day 20

Attachments

• vercelli1.jpeg
    vercelli1.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 160

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So let me tell you guys a funny story about the problem with not having a man above 3 foot tall in the house half the time. Yesterday morning I'm in the shower about 3/4 of the way done when I notice a Calvert County size spider (they're bigger then Chasey's dog due to the power plant) between the shower curtains. I decide not to freak since it is "between" the curtains and is no immediate threat. I finish showering and get out. Fast forward to the end of the day. I put my jams on and brush my chops. I'm getting ready to get in bed and decide to see if Godzilla is still there. Well the damn thing is. Daddy is at work. I go get the 4 year old male child. Problem is, he's only 3 ft. tall and this damn thing is up near the top of the curtains.

So N and I devise a plan. Mommy goes and gets a flip flop out of the closet, I'm going to whack the curtain and stun it and it should fall to the ground between the curtains. N is prepared with a tissue and is to pick it up while I lift up the shower curtains then he's to put it in the pot. Easy enough right?

So it's on! I whack! It falls! I lift the curtains. N bravely jumps in to scoop it up while it's stunned.... The effer moves! N and I both scream and jump back! He picks up the flip flop and pulverizes the damn thing then scrapes it off the bottom of my flip flop with the tissue and into the toilet. He was so proud of himself he had to call daddy. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
So it's on! I whack! It falls! I lift the curtains. N bravely jumps in to scoop it up while it's stunned.... The effer moves! N and I both scream and jump back! He picks up the flip flop and pulverizes the damn thing then scrapes it off the bottom of my flip flop with the tissue and into the toilet. He was so proud of himself he had to call daddy. :lmao:
:killingme When we first moved in, we had lots of little spiders. I don't generally mind spiders, they don't really scare me. Snakes are another story though. :lol: D sprayed something around the foundation and we haven't really had a spider problem since. When I was digging around the patio, up against the house last week, a bazillion spiders started coming out, and a lot of them were bigger than I'm comfortable with. :lol: I had to kill the big ones, I don't care if the little ones want to sit on my ceiling or something, but the big ones are NOT okay. :lol:

tastycakes

Nickel said:
:killingme When we first moved in, we had lots of little spiders. I don't generally mind spiders, they don't really scare me. Snakes are another story though. :lol: D sprayed something around the foundation and we haven't really had a spider problem since. When I was digging around the patio, up against the house last week, a bazillion spiders started coming out, and a lot of them were bigger than I'm comfortable with. :lol: I had to kill the big ones, I don't care if the little ones want to sit on my ceiling or something, but the big ones are NOT okay. :lol:

I hate the hairy ones. Don't know why, but they freak me out the most.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:

I have learned to live with the normal sized ones. I joke that it's eaither 40 year old spiders that come with a 40 year old house or it's the power plant. House spiders usually don't bother me and I'm ok with them when I see them. This thing was HUGE. No joke, a healthy 2 inches long which is WAY too big to be inside my house and near me when I'm naked! :lmao: Spiders outside I'm totally cool with since they eat the other bugs. I'm just not going to get all friendly with them.

These Calvert County bugs are all strange. I thought St. Mary's bugs were odd, ha! That's what happens when you move into the freaking woods!

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
moon5leg said:
That's some pretty good info on that spider, thanks.

I've seen two black widows so far this year, one in my garage, and one underneath one of my splash blocks, but so far no brown recluse spiders have shown up.

Please be careful. Sometimes it's better to bomb spray the attics, basements, garages before working in them. Or even spot spray.

nomoney

LexiGirl75 said:
(Pictures are in order of days).

It's summertime & cleanup is going on. Be careful where you put your hands. They like dark spaces & woodpiles.

Also cool This guy areas in the attic..............................................cw

!

You do know that the recluse is not common to this area right? :confused:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Great story Pix and Nic, that was horror movie material, all those spiders coming up out of the ground. :faint:

Vince

Had one of those wolf spiders under the house last year. They have a hole in the ground instead of a web and they actually make a noise. Scared the crap out of the A/C guy. Easy kill. Just put some of the proper chemical down the hole. :shrug: It's a shame though, the little sh!tz kill bugs.

tastycakes

nomoney said:
You do know that the recluse is not common to this area right? :confused:

So are they down here? I hear so many people talking about watching out for them. I would think that there would have to be some with all the talk about them.

tastycakes said:
So are they down here? I hear so many people talking about watching out for them. I would think that there would have to be some with all the talk about them.
Yes. We have them in southern Maryland.