View Poll Results: If you looked absolutely tacky, would you want someone to tell you?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Who wants to look tacky?

29 58.00%
  • No! It's none of their damn business what I look like.

21 42.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tacky women

Quote Originally Posted by sinwagon
    I try to tell her that I don't think she should dress like an "old lady" but atleast get w/ the times!
    and yet she's the one with a trophy husband
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde
    So my question is:

If you did your hair/makeup in a way that made you look completely heinous, would you want someone to point it out? Or would you be offended because obviously you like this look or you wouldn't be wearing it?
    I think it's pretty dayum imposing of you to assume she needs to be "rescued"... She may be tacky and hideous to you, but she may very well be the queen of someone's life who loves her just the way she is and she may be very happy with herself.

I agree with Crabcake that if someone is oblivious to something that is obviously "not right" then it would be appropriate to let them know something is out of order. However, I don't see anything positive being accomplished by busting on someone's sense of style just because it doesn't appeal to you.

I say keep your mouth shut. Just think how good you look standing next to her.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by elaine
    I say keep your mouth shut. Just think how good you look standing next to her.
    I vote this "Post of the Day"...

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia
    I think it's pretty dayum imposing of you to assume she needs to be "rescued"... She may be tacky and hideous to you, but she may very well be the queen of someone's life who loves her just the way she is and she may be very happy with herself.

I agree with Crabcake that if someone is oblivious to something that is obviously "not right" then it would be appropriate to let them know something is out of order. However, I don't see anything positive being accomplished by busting on someone's sense of style just because it doesn't appeal to you.
    Although, you have to admit, she does sound like she could use a makeover.
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia
    I vote this "Post of the Day"...

At this point it should just be a nomination.
    Je suis prest

Dear Kwillia,

Am I too tan, not tan enough, or just right?

Love,
    Chasey
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey_Lane
    Dear Kwillia,

Love,
    Chasey
    Always "just right"...

Dear Kwillia,

Love,
    Chasey
    This should have a poll... with pics.
    The fact is that you were outvoted and majority rules. And the majority wants what the [Democrats] have to offer. Get over it or drink your Kool Aid quietly. - Vraiblonde

Although, you have to admit, she does sound like she could use a makeover.
    Do you ever watch the "What not to Wear" shows? It's a lot of fun watching the transformations.