View Poll Results: If you looked absolutely tacky, would you want someone to tell you?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Who wants to look tacky?

29 58.00%
  • No! It's none of their damn business what I look like.

21 42.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tacky women

Blog Entries

Tacky women

There's this woman I know up here - she's not really a friend, but we are friendly and have been to each others' house socially, like that.

She could be really attractive BUT she overtans so she's this weird color - almost a brick red, with blinding white around her eyes. And she wears highly frosted eye shadow and dark brown lipstick, plus she overfrosts her hair so it looks totally Kansas City.

I keep wanting to say something to her. If it were my best friend, I'd simply go, "Look, Janice, the 70's are over and you're to old to pull off 'retro'. Say bye bye to this eye shadow because I'm throwing it away." But I don't know this woman well enough to do that.

So my question is:

If you did your hair/makeup in a way that made you look completely heinous, would you want someone to point it out? Or would you be offended because obviously you like this look or you wouldn't be wearing it?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde

So my question is:

If you did your hair/makeup in a way that made you look completely heinous, would you want someone to point it out? Or would you be offended because obviously you like this look or you wouldn't be wearing it?
    I would want someone to tell me.

ahh! Mimi at large! LOL! That is what I think of when I think of the eyeshadow stuff.

Nothing useful to say in regards to your post. Just felt like commenting.

If it were me- I would want someone to say it!
    Dear Santa... a pink or blue would be nice...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meangirl
    I'd want someone to tell me, too. I should make this a poll!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by meangirl
    Each moment in time we have it all, even when we think we don't ~Melody Beattie

They call me ... Sarcasmo kom526's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There was a Simpsons episode where Homer invented a shotgun that fired makeup. You could adjust the amount of make up from "work", "night on the town" or "whore". He set it on whore and fired it at Marge. It made Mimi look normal.
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.

Somewhere, a teacher is crying with their red marker after reading your dribble.

I think I would want someone to tell me but as you stated, I may be offended if it were coming from someone I was not close to. A close friend, no problem I can take it!

My aunt is like that. She will be 50 this year, she is married to a 35 year old man (her daughter is 34) and she went from this barely an Acup boob to a double D! She has a tiny waist, a tattoo and piercing across her mid section, tans constantly. No hair new hair do is ever good enough until she gets it to go right back into that 80's Peg Bundy hump w/ long layers on the side. She recently got her nipple pierced. She still wears tight straight legged pants and wears belly shirts and I always tease her saying that instead of using the black liquid eyeliner, she should just use a sharpy!

She has a nice body and cute face but she does not look 35 well hell I am 32 and don't dress like that. I try to tell her that I don't think she should dress like an "old lady" but atleast get w/ the times!

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde
    So my question is:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Unless she's blind too, she sees other women with nicely hightlighted hair and makeup from the 2000s. If she thinks she looks good, we should applaud her nonconformity.

I have to say Vrai, I am envisioning the roommate from "Something about Mary".
    Magic has touched here

But wait, there's more... crabcake's Avatar
    It depends; if it's something that is simply a matter of preference for someone else (they don't like the blue shade of my blouse, or they think you shouldn't wear anything but boots with gauchos), then I don't really care what they think. If it's something serious ("something about mary" hair, or "that time of the month and I chose white pants" syndrome ), then yea, tell me.

In the case of your friend who over-tans, I'd approach it with something like, "Ya know, I read in (enter magazine title) that the less-tan look is really 'in' now." She is obviously concerned with what others think if she's tanning the hell out of her body like that, so she'd probably buy what the next "in" thing is. You'd think she'd have been turned off by smelling her body cooking from all that tanning by now. But other than that, it's really just a matter of personal preference (the extent to which she tans). I'm sure she'll ease up when her skin starts dripping with cancer.
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.