107.5 Joe Fm

W

Wenchy

This is a new radio station here on the eastern shore, but it can be picked up in parts of St. Mary's and maybe Calvert.

If you like a mix of classic rock, mellow 70's, ghey 80's, some current pop, and a few country songs thrown in, please check it out.

There is no morning show and there are no DJ's.

"Stroke" is playing now. :lol:

Next could be???

meangirl

Nice lady!
Wenchy said:
This is a new radio station here on the eastern shore, but it can be picked up in parts of St. Mary's and maybe Calvert.

If you like a mix of classic rock, mellow 70's, ghey 80's, some current pop, and a few country songs thrown in, please check it out.

Next could be???

I just tried to get it here. No luck. :lol:

Sounds like it'd be a good station though.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Wenchy said:

Next could be???
I hope Moondoggie doesn't see this, but will check it out in the a.m.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Wenchy said:

Next could be???

I thought it was a Virginia Beach station. :confused: I know because I listened to it when I was down there last month and really liked it. Unless there are two "Joe" stations now. :jameo:

jazz lady said:
I thought it was a Virginia Beach station. :confused: I know because I listened to it when I was down there last month and really liked it. Unless there are two "Joe" stations now. :jameo:
Hey Jazzy... have you seen bchbuns lately...:bubble:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

Never mind. Brain cramp. It was "Bob." :dur: :banghead: It had the same sort of format. :yay:

morganj614

Wenchy said:
I thought of Morgan:
"It's Raining Men".
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:huggy: I have been listening to that station for a while now, in my car. It used to be a light rock station and is even better now. The only station I get at my desk is 106.3 which is the same format as 98.3 here and has been for quite a while.

Hallelujah! Let it rain :lmao:

Vince

morganj614 said:
:huggy: I have been listening to that station for a while now, in my car. It used to be a light rock station and is even better now. The only station I get at my desk is 106.3 which is the same format as 98.3 here and has been for quite a while.

Wish I could get 106.3 or 98.3 Only station I can get is 97.7 :yikes:

Vince

morganj614 said:
I'd rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard than listen to that station. You have my deepest sympathies :huggy:
It's all I've got. Tried to rig a better antenna and no joy. :shrug:

G

Gemmi

Wenchy said:

Next could be???

I like this station.

W

Wenchy

jazz lady said:
Never mind. Brain cramp. It was "Bob." :dur: :banghead: It had the same sort of format. :yay:

YES! :buddies:

I listen to BOB when I go to OBX, and now I have JOE at home. :banana:

Moondog Michael

BS Gal said:
I hope Moondoggie doesn't see this, but will check it out in the a.m.

I see everything !! "The Joe" format is much like the "Jack" or even the "Bob" format, it's a mix of three decades, with the bulk of the tunes coming from the Big 70's and 90's.. It is true they play a few country songs BUT they have to be crossover songs..

NOW..THE BAD, I will bet money that there will NEVER be a live on-air staff or any kind of a following, most multi-format "Name" stations follow a very strict pattern of music, only 4 or 500 songs that will be played to death. NOW, the even worse.. they are very corprate controlled, and only service the advertisers, fact is it's a good way to run a station into the ground.

Hey, I'm a Radio guy..I love the entire process.. BUT the Jack's and the Bob's and the Max's and the Joe's are doing no good for our industry, they only put DJ's out of work..and really mess up what chance we have to compete with the I-Pods, the Xm's and the mp3's that have dug themselves into our music lives. 10 years ago, the industry started to get really full of themselves, now those who thought the pretty box with the buttons and the really cool speakers would have no place to go but up, it seems the suits where wrong, now it's an all out war for people to listen..I only hope Spacemen steal the Big Birds in the sky, and give Radio a second chance.

Wow, I had way too much redbull today.
Moon

PS..Support LOCAL Radio..listen to my show!!!! (Please) :howdy:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Moondog Michael said:
I see everything !! "The Joe" format is much like the "Jack" or even the "Bob" format, it's a mix of three decades, with the bulk of the tunes coming from the Big 70's and 90's.. It is true they play a few country songs BUT they have to be crossover songs..

NOW..THE BAD, I will bet money that there will NEVER be a live on-air staff or any kind of a following, most multi-format "Name" stations follow a very strict pattern of music, only 4 or 500 songs that will be played to death. NOW, the even worse.. they are very corprate controlled, and only service the advertisers, fact is it's a good way to run a station into the ground.

Hey, I'm a Radio guy..I love the entire process.. BUT the Jack's and the Bob's and the Max's and the Joe's are doing no good for our industry, they only put DJ's out of work..and really mess up what chance we have to compete with the I-Pods, the Xm's and the mp3's that have dug themselves into our music lives. 10 years ago, the industry started to get really full of themselves, now those who thought the pretty box with the buttons and the really cool speakers would have no place to go but up, it seems the suits where wrong, now it's an all out war for people to listen..I only hope Spacemen steal the Big Birds in the sky, and give Radio a second chance.

Moon

Would it be forward of me to tell you I've fallen in love with you? :love:

morganj614

Moondog Michael said:

Moon

First off...step away from the Bull and second, I can only get you in my car. Now that you are not T-Bone and Heather, I have happily added 98.3 back to my line-up. :larry:

W

Wenchy

Moondog Michael said:

Moon

Have you thought about starting your own "MIKE" station with a twist? A little bit of talk, but the same basic format as "JOE" and you can do all of the jingles and rake in the advertising dollars.

I will tune into your station next time I get to the area. :yay:

Honestly, DJ's tend to get on my nerves, and the only local news I care to hear about is the daily forecast or if there is something of immediate concern, ie: Tornado Warning. :jameo: (again weather, but I'm ornery and just want to hear music)