La Plata's Charles Street railroad crossing-what's happening?

Aa3rt

Does anyone have any idea what is happening with the railroad crossing on Charles Street? Last year (2005), it was to have been redone in the spring. Spring ended up being late October/early November. The tracks were redone and raised a couple of inches above the pavement leading to the crossing. Blacktop was to have been added to Charles Street to smooth the transition to the crossing. Six months later and NOTHING has been done. The crossing serves as a giant speed bump in the middle of La Plata and the traffic tie-ups get worse every day.

I realize that coordinating things between the State Highway Administration, Town of La Plata and CSX Railroad may be an effort but the traffic situation in La Plata is insufferable. Yesterday (Thursday, April 27th) afternoon, traffic was backed down the hill from La Plata onto 301. And there wasn't even a train passing by!

I could go to a town council meeting but don't want to listen to a bunch of double talk. Has anyone heard ANYTHING?

Shannie0308

:shrug: No I haven't heard anything. But from living in La Plata, I am starting to realize nothing happens quickly within the actual town.

Mikeinsmd

Aa3rt said:
Yesterday (Thursday, April 27th) afternoon, traffic was backed down the hill from La Plata onto 301. And there wasn't even a train passing by!
:bawl: :killingme You don't know what traffic is!! :killingme

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
The crossing serves as a giant speed bump in the middle of La Plata
QUOTE]

I sincerely think that is their purpose!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Casey Jones? They have the best crab cakes I've ever tasted. :drool:

I need an excuse to drive out there for a meal, it has been a loooong time since I have dined there. :yum:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
RoseRed said:
I need an excuse to drive out there for a meal, it has been a loooong time since I have dined there. :yum:
I used to live right down the road from there. Good eats. :yum: