United Flight 93

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Has anyone seen it yet? Post here with a review when you do. I've heard that it is real intense and the last 5 minutes are incredible. Here is a quote from a guy off of another forum I visit.

“The last 5 minutes are the most intense 5 minutes of footage I’ve ever seen on film, when the movie ended some sat in their seats with their heads in their lap while others hurried to exit fast as to not be seen crying”

And others that chimed in pretty much confirmed his sentiments.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I saw it yesterday and was very impressed. Writer/director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy) has created a very intense and realistic tribute to the heroes on the United Airlines flight. It's all quite authentic-seeming and has a fly-on-the-wall intimacy, especially because no major A-list actors are used (no Russell Crowes or Denzel Washingtons) and most of the actors playing air traffic controllers and NORAD officials are air traffic controllers and NORAD officials playing themselves. Also, it's an incredibly intense ride. It definitely pins you to your seat, especially in the blazing last act which culminates with a final shot of incredible (hauting) power.

It's definitely not for everyone (you need a rather strong stomach to handle the incredible intensity), but it is a very important, inspirational, and well-made thriller I would recommend to those interested in seeing these tragic events recreated.

P.S.: Fpr those who say Hollywood is just trying to get rich off real tragedy, know 10% of the opening weekend profits are going to the memorial fund and all the UA93 victims' families have supported Greengrass' film and encouraged people to go see it theatrically.