People who work near Metro Center in DC

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Hope this doesn't offend anyone. :huggy:

I was VERY unsure where to post something about working down near Metro Center but then I broke it down to what I was going to discuss and decided on here.

I was on the phone talking to my sister tonight and she was telling me that where she works downtown DC near Metro Center (within eye view) there was consistent Friday drama.

Apparently, there is a group of Islam men who preach against everyone they don't like. Blacks, Whites, Gays and Africans.

They have a doll of the Virgin Mary that they tie on a rope and drop her to the ground like they are hanging her. They call her a ho' and said that all ministers are pimps and the congregation are ho's.

They have a picture of Jesus that they defaced with 666.

They ask if Bin Laden should be allowed to come here and live the American Dream?

They apparently have supporters and people who disagree with them (of course). But, the supporters give them money. They have the Deer Park big blue containers (delivered water) that people fill with money. Those in disagreement argue with them. Sounds huge to me. I've seen no media coverage.

In addition, they are very loud and hostile. They come every Friday and so far the police has done nothing.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this? She tells me that they are right outside the elevator for Metro Center subway.

Last edited:

fttrsbeerwench

WOW... That's about as fricked up as it gets...

I've lost so much of the tolerance I use to have for people..

:gathersmorerocks:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Welcome to America, Muslim nutjobs. If you tried this in your home country, I guarantee that you would have been dead by sunset.

Pandora

Does anyone want to work on a huge banner that says...

IF you don't like it, take the same route out as you came in. :yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Those guys must work an altered work schedule to do that the same time every week.

the guy i work most closely with tends to be a christian zealot. (I don't mean to be nasty about that, he just takes things to the extreme) with that said, i walk by Metro Center EVERY day and steam about that crap on Fridays. I am tempted to tell him about it just to go and watch the show. The fellow i work with is super good at arguing his point, and i'd REALLY like to see him go at those folks. They are very loud, very meaan, and NOT outwardly muslim as in Indian. They do seem to be getting worse as the weeks go by.
Maybe this coming Friday is the day to sick my fellow on them. The police really can't say anything to them, since the good ole us of a has a freedom of speach rule. Just like they can't say anything to panhandlers who silently (or otherwise) give you a pupppydog face and beg for coiins. THAT drives me crazy too. There is one who stands the exact same place every single day, like it's his job. If he can be so consistent, why CAN'T he get a job???

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
czygvtwkr said:
Why exactly are they collecting money?

I'm assuming you are referring to my post on the folks in the city. if so, it's because they sleep on the street. if you ask them why, most of them tell you they choose too. They have no desire for the confines of responsibility, whatever. If you are referring to the other folks, frankly i just don't know. I don't carry cash if i can avoid it, and don't give on the street or at the office.

This one guy just really gets my goat. He has this puppy dog face, sad sad little boy look, holds his empty coffee cup at you, and if something is dropped into it, his face just lights up like a little kid, but if you pass him by, he sneers (I watch him in the glass as people walk by. He stands in the exact same spot day in and day out. some folks actually drop people off to panhandle then pick them up at the end of the day.

They're not allowed to do it in the metro, but some have decided they can do it by saying they don't have enough for fare home, but conveniently they are doing it where their isn't a fare machine, and if a metro cop walks by, they scoot off to another train. Some of them are REALLY aggressive, and some are passive, and some are really :crazy:

But even the crazy ones have lucid moments when they can beg for a ciggie or a light.

Last edited:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
happyappygirl said:
They are very loud, very meaan, and NOT outwardly muslim as in Indian.

Yeah, I saw a few other posts that I think I sent the message that they were from another country like Arabs. But, no from what I gathered from my sister these are Islam men as in The Nation of... Correct me if I am wrong happyappygirl?

happyappygirl said:
Just like they can't say anything to panhandlers who silently (or otherwise) give you a pupppydog face and beg for coiins. THAT drives me crazy too. There is one who stands the exact same place every single day, like it's his job. If he can be so consistent, why CAN'T he get a job???

Yeah, this is very rediculous in DC. When I go to DC I take the 3rd Street Tunnel and my 7y/o son always says that man is always here. And, I tell him, yeah, I guess he is broke again. :rolleyes:

It is terribly ridiculous. They have New York Ave by New Jersey. They have H St that leads to the 3rd St Tunnel. They have the 3rd Street Tunnel that leads to New York Ave. They have the exit to Maine Ave Wharf from the 14th Street Bridge. And these same ones are ALWAYS there every day.

There is even one on New York Ave near the Howard Johnson/Farmer's Market section that will wave some long stem corn weed looking branch at you like he is "blessing" you. It sickens me when they come up to your car. That is violating my personal space.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
czygvtwkr said:
Why exactly are they collecting money?

As for the Islam people I am not sure. Most people who perform on the streets of DC have containers for money. You know, just in case anyone wants to give them money. :ohwell:

The Homeless people well it really is a profession for them. :sarcasm: But, I was up at the Baltimore Harbor a few years back and I remember walking pass this guy sitting on the benches at the frontside by the Cheesecake restaurant tower. He had no arms and legs, just nubs from his accident. But, of course he was panhandling aka banking off of his misfortune and freaking everyone out especially little kids.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
LexiGirl75 said:
He had no arms and legs, just nubs from his accident. But, of course he was panhandling aka banking off of his misfortune and freaking everyone out especially little kids.

He was faking it. Didn't you see Trading Places?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Sad. These Muslims obviously don't read the Qur'an. Jesus is considered a great prophet in the Qur'an, not God or the Son of God, but a great prophet. Those that present a position outside the confines of the documents that define what they say they believe, Bible, Constitution, Qur'an, are showing their ignorance of their own professed belief.

J

JPC, Sr.

Faith Without Works is Dead.

LexiGirl75 said:
... ...

I was on the phone talking to my sister tonight and she was telling me that where she works downtown DC near Metro Center (within eye view) there was consistent Friday drama.

... ...

Has anyone else seen or heard of this? She tells me that they are right outside the elevator for Metro Center subway.
:coffee: Perhaps it could be considered that this is second-hand hear-say testimony (or she saw and not heard) and it could be exagerated or even mistaken. Not a lie but an honest mistake.

:yay: There is a lot of Islam-aphobia and Muslim-aphobia going around, even on this Forum there is a lot of it.

Because neither Islam nor Muslims will tolerate any religious desicration like the post describes nor do they talk down Christianity either. They call some Infidels as in infidelity to God and not calling Christians heathens. Islam is very well educated indeed.

The Holy Quran cites Jesus (Isa) as the messiah and a great prophet and all - ALL Muslims know this very well.

:popcorn: I think it is just incorrect hear-say and a mistake. :howdy:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
JPC said:
:coffee: Perhaps it could be considered that this is second-hand hear-say testimony (or she saw and not heard) and it could be exagerated or even mistaken. Not a lie but an honest mistake.

:yay: There is a lot of Islam-aphobia and Muslim-aphobia going around, even on this Forum there is a lot of it.

Because neither Islam nor Muslims will tolerate any religious desicration like the post describes nor do they talk down Christianity either. They call some Infidels as in infidelity to God and not calling Christians heathens. Islam is very well educated indeed.

The Holy Quran cites Jesus (Isa) as the messiah and a great prophet and all - ALL Muslims know this very well.

:popcorn: I think it is just incorrect hear-say and a mistake. :howdy:

All it takes is a few bad bean pies to make a meal of an entire group. I say we found them. :yay:

Now, if I were in your position I would go up to that location this Friday and check it out and then come back and report to us your findings. You know, so it won't be "incorrect hear-say and a mistake". :rolleyes:

J

JPC, Sr.

nomoney said:
ahhhh....you mean kinda like you thinking you're gonna get any votes?
:whistle: Actually not, there is a big difference.

:yay: My post was evaluating the past and not predicting the future.

People seem to have a craving to prophesy, as if they know already who will win the next Super Bowl, many claim to know before-hand who will be elected the next President, people just crave to know the future if it will rain this day or sun shine another day and then many will fight and argue about who is correct in predicting the futures.

For me, I think that is a wrong way to view things and so I avoid predicting the future as "thinking I am gonna get any votes?" but I do still have that human craving in me too so it does take effort to discipline the mind to live in the present and just wait for the future to take care of it self.

So I do not predict if I will get any votes in the election or not and my campaign is not based on whatever the outcome will be.

:yay: So my response in this thread is about evaluating the information given in the thread which is evaluating the past and not comparable to predicting the future so there is a big difference indeed. This thread is based on some of Islam or some muslims are desicrating Christian images and it is very likely not accurate at all.

Thus, in support of my post; All religions everywhere believe in Jesus Christ. It is only the vast majority of Christians that denouce all other religions as lacking. Again a big difference.

J

JPC, Sr.

vraiblonde said:
There are people who think 9-11 was a hoax, too.
:whistle: The 9-11 does have verifiable proof. This thread is just Islam bashing without even a side link to show of any group anywhere doing or saying any such things.

Thus it is second-hand hear-say and most certainly not true. :howdy: