Bad Moments in Cinematic History

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Must be a mainstream movie - no indy crap that no one's heard of.

Mary Corleone's death scene in Godfather III

:twitch:

mainman

Set Trippin
vraiblonde said:

Casting her in the movie was one of the worst moments in cinematic history...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:

Good choice. From my reading, most GF fans detest Sofia Coppola. But I'm in the minority--I blame not Sofia but her daddy and his nepotistic casting. My understanding is that Paramount begged Francis Ford to make GF III for years, and he finally gave in after most of the movies he made in the '80s bombed.

nomoney

Tonio said:
Good choice. From my reading, most GF fans detest Sofia Coppola. But I'm in the minority--I blame not Sofia but her daddy and his nepotistic casting. My understanding is that Paramount begged Francis Ford to make GF III for years, and he finally gave in after most of the movies he made in the '80s bombed.

okay

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I can think of a few scenes from "Independence Day," which was a World War II-era B-movie with special effects. I thought it was ridiculous that the President himself led the air attack on the alien mother ship. When Smith's and Goldblum's wives watched melodramatically as their husbands head out on their sabotage mission, I thought of the scene in the first "Hot Shots" where Deadmeat's wife was saying goodbye. Pretty sad when a movie resurrects hoary cliches that have already been parodied. And plenty of people have pointed out the illogic of the alien computers being Macintosh-compatible.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
baileydog said:
The whole remake of Romeo and Juliet. Leo sucks.
Good pick. That movie is just unwatchable.

Ooh! I've got another one:

Nicolas Cage's fake southern accent in Con Air

Pandora

Overall, I thought the movie Titanic was excellent, but when they are on the elevator going down and she flicks the guy off, just seemed out of place and tacky.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Connie...

vraiblonde said:

...flailing away at Michael in GF I...

"There's your husband...you bahhsturd..."

Damn Guinea brat.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
In "Return of the Jedi," I thought it was odd that Leia showed almost no emotion when she found out about Vader being her father and Luke being her brother.

My kids like "Mary Poppins," but I cringe when I hear Dick Van Dyke's fake-Cockney accent.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Every movie series gets worse as you go, but there are a few that really stick out.

Mad Max - Thunderdome was amazingly stupid.

Rambo - The first one was corny but entertaining. The rest of them sucked.

Rocky - The first one was great, and they went downhill fast from there.

And for those who want to debate which Star Trek or Star Wars movies were best, That is just geeking way too hard.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
"There's your husband...you bahhsturd..."
GF has a lot of cringe-o-meter moments.

"Michael..."
"DON'T ask me about my affairs, Kay!"
"But Michael..."
"DON'T ASK ME ABOUT MY AFFAIRS!!!!"
(pause)
"Okay, just this once...you can ask me about my affairs."

Almost any scene that involves Connie or Kay is just...ugh.

Edit: Except for the part where Michael slaps Kay in the head - "It was an ABORTION, Michael!". And the part where Carlo takes the belt to Connie in the bathroom.

Last edited:

Dondi

Dondi
MMDad said:
And for those who want to debate which Star Trek or Star Wars movies were best, That is just geeking way too hard.

The first and fifth Star Trek movie pretty much sucked. The first one sucked not only because of the cheesy uniforms and awful special effects, but also because the characters just didn't seem to "gel' like thay did in the original series. They regained this in ST II, III, & IV, which was really a trilogy. ST V was deplorable. In the first place, why did we never hear before that Spock had a brother? Secondly, Kirk defeats "God". Thirdly, "Kirk" directs. ST VI was better. ST Generations was ok, all that did was set up movies from glorified ST:TNG episodes.

OK, so I'm a geek. :dork:

donbarzini

Tonio said:

The only reason she was in the movie in the first place was they had already started filming with Winona Ryder in the part and she had a "nervous breakdown".

camily

Peace
Tonio said:
In "Return of the Jedi," I thought it was odd that Leia showed almost no emotion when she found out about Vader being her father and Luke being her brother.

My kids like "Mary Poppins," but I cringe when I hear Dick Van Dyke's fake-Cockney accent.
I always wanted to have Bert as my friend. I though he would be so much fun!!

camily

Peace
Tonio said:
:whistle: The Outsiders.......one of my favorite movies ever!!!!