Missing Elderly Man Found the REAL STORY

wideawake

Just tryin to stay awake
After reading the story on the Missing gentleman found from Bayside Nursing Home. I have to post the missing part of the story.

Mr Bisoce had gone missing on May 9th, on May 11th, members of the Southern Marlyand Search & Rescue Dogs, were called by the St. Mary's Sheriff's Office to search for Mr Biscoe. After hours of searching, a Search & Rescue K9 was the one who located Mr. Biscoe in a heavily wooded area. If it were not for this team of dedicated volunteers, there is no doubt that Mr. Biscoe would have perished.

I would like to thank this team of professionals for SAVING a life today.

Story on Headline NEWS

Missing Senior Found Safe & Sound
Posted on May 11, 2006:
The Missing Person, Victor Major Biscoe, 76 years of age, missing from the Bayside Nursing Center, Lexington Park, Maryland has been found unharmed. Mr. Biscoe was located in a wooded area to the rear of Bayside Nursing Center. Mr. Biscoe was transported to St. Mary's Hospital for observation with no life threatening injuries reported. The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office would like to thank the local area radio stations for there support in attempting to locate Mr. Biscoe.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
wideawake said:
After reading the story on the Missing gentleman found from Bayside Nursing Home. I have to post the missing part of the story.

Mr Bisoce had gone missing on May 9th, on May 11th, members of the Southern Marlyand Search & Rescue Dogs, were called by the St. Mary's Sheriff's Office to search for Mr Biscoe. After hours of searching, a Search & Rescue K9 was the one who located Mr. Biscoe in a heavily wooded area. If it were not for this team of dedicated volunteers, there is no doubt that Mr. Biscoe would have perished.

Story on Headline NEWS

Posted on May 11, 2006:
The Missing Person, Victor Major Biscoe, 76 years of age, missing from the Bayside Nursing Center, Lexington Park, Maryland has been found unharmed. Mr. Biscoe was located in a wooded area to the rear of Bayside Nursing Center. Mr. Biscoe was transported to St. Mary's Hospital for observation with no life threatening injuries reported. The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office would like to thank the local area radio stations for there support in attempting to locate Mr. Biscoe.

How can you be a professional and a volunteer at the same time. :confused:
Good job SM SAR Dogs

wideawake

Just tryin to stay awake
Soooo Volunteers aren't professionals in the way they act and present themselves? Are you saying you have to be PAID to be a professional. Just a thought not trying to make a war out this.

Dougstermd said:
How can you be a professional and a volunteer at the same time. :confused:
Good job SM SAR Dogs

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
professional is how they act, volunteer is what they do.

vol·un·teer
a person who voluntarily undertakes or expresses a willingness to undertake a service

pro·fes·sion·al
characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession
exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Negative Nancy said:
professional is how they act, volunteer is what they do.
Doug must be related to TSdart. :lol:

I think it's awesome that the guy was found unharmed. :yahoo:

suzeQ

Occasional User
I'm still upset that he was missing in the first place. I know their residents who are not capable of being on their own wear a 'wander guard,' which causes the outside doors to lock when they approach. How did Mr. Biscoe get out in the first place? :shrug:

suzeQ said:
I'm still upset that he was missing in the first place. I know their residents who are not capable of being on their own wear a 'wander guard,' which causes the outside doors to lock when they approach. How did Mr. Biscoe get out in the first place? :shrug:
And why did they wait two days to send for the dogs?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
suzeQ said:
I'm not a fan of that nursing center. We had an uncle there and I begged the family to move him. Possessions stolen. The deceased laying in the same room with the living for nearly 24 hours before someone bothered to have them properly transferred. The staff was extremely surly. And the smell once you got past the lobby was horrific. This was 10 years ago so it may have improved, but I doubt it.

G

Gemmi

bresamil said:
I'm not a fan of that nursing center. We had an uncle there and I begged the family to move him. Possessions stolen. The deceased laying in the same room with the living for nearly 24 hours before someone bothered to have them properly transferred. The staff was extremely surly. And the smell once you got past the lobby was horrific. This was 10 years ago so it may have improved, but I doubt it.

I agree with this.My mother was there for a short time and I didn't like that place much.The smell was awful.Also,they tried to get her to eat things she wasn't supposed to being that she was on a lowfat diet.We had several arguments with the staff over that.

Racingwolf

wideawake said:

Story on Headline NEWS

Posted on May 11, 2006:

They probably would have found him alot sooner if the police had not cancelled the fire fighters who were called to look for him the night he went missing. The police thought he hitched a ride to Ridge and obviously he didnt and they sent the firemen home.

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
Racingwolf said:
They probably would have found him alot sooner if the police had not cancelled the fire fighters who were called to look for him the night he went missing. The police thought he hitched a ride to Ridge and obviously he didnt and they sent the firemen home.

That's St. Mary's cops for ya. :smack:

What police official came up with that story? :whistle: