Mother Coming to Town

Sadysue

My mother and grandmother are coming to town and I'm wondering where to take them. So far, we are spending 1 day in DC, and going to eat crabs at Captin Pats and/or the Captians Table. They've already been to St. Mary's City and the Civil War Memorial.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? They like to shop, eat, and look. I'm looking for things unique to Southern Maryland.

Thanks!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Sadysue said:
My mother and grandmother are coming to town and I'm wondering where to take them. So far, we are spending 1 day in DC, and going to eat crabs at Captin Pats and/or the Captians Table. They've already been to St. Mary's City and the Civil War Memorial.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? They like to shop, eat, and look. I'm looking for things unique to Southern Maryland.

Thanks!
How mobile is your grandmother? Is she up for lots of walking around? Are they into history? How many days of activities do you need for them? MOre details on their interests would better help us offer suggestions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My folks used to like to walk around Solomons when they came to visit. And they liked Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Depending on where they're from, they'll enjoy picking crabs at a waterfront restaurant (if they already live near the water this isn't going to interest them as much).

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
It might be nice to take them down to the old square in Leonardtown---there are a few nice places to grab lunch there, too.

Just a suggestion with regard to your crab eating plans: Captain Pats doesn't really offer the ambiance that most people would enjoy when picking crabs SOMD style. They're great for carry-out, but if I were you I wouldn't take out of town guests there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Club'nBabySeals said:
It might be nice to take them down to the old square in Leonardtown---there are a few nice places to grab lunch there, too.
My folks could stroll Leonardtown for hours :yay:

H

hborror

Sadysue said:

Thanks!

If its nice you can take em to point look out to walk around the water.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
We are going to take a day ride to Sperryville to shop. Its about 2 hr drive to a very small town. Very nice little place, couple hours of stuff to do and then home.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
baileydog said:
We are going to take a day ride to Sperryville to shop. Its about 2 hr drive to a very small town. Very nice little place, couple hours of stuff to do and then home.

Since you're that close, you might as well go on out to Luray Caverns, and then go see the Natural Bridge. :yay: :yay:

Gummie

The Marine Museum in Solomons (watch the otters play). If mobile, Cypress Swamp in Calvert is neat. There is always the slots (pordon me, the electronic Bingo) machines at the Rod and Reel.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
gumby said:
Since you're that close, you might as well go on out to Luray Caverns, and then go see the Natural Bridge. :yay: :yay:
Luray is in north west VA and Natural Bridge is in south west VA. At least 100 miles apart.
I went to the Piney Point Lighthouse this weekend, somewhat interesting.

Cypress swamp is neat. I went to see the natural bridge and I gotta say, in order to be impressed with that you need to have not gotten out much. Seneca rocks are neat also.

Sadysue

Thanks for all the great ideas.

So here's the plan:
One day in D.C.
One day in Williamsburg
One day in Leonardtown
One day in Solomons
Maybe one day at the Annapolis Harbor.

Now, where all local (Solomons, Leonardtown, and Lexingington Park/California) do we need to go to eat? I haven't been out much.

mainman

Set Trippin
Sadysue said:

So here's the plan:
One day in D.C.
One day in Williamsburg
One day in Leonardtown
One day in Solomons

Now, where all local (Solomons, Leonardtown, and Lexingington Park/California) do we need to go to eat? I haven't been out much.
What kind of food do you like?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Sadysue said:

So here's the plan:
One day in D.C.
One day in Williamsburg
One day in Leonardtown
One day in Solomons

Rosies on 246 always has good eats. Plenty of crunch.

bcp

In My Opinion
Sadysue said:

So here's the plan::smile:
One day in D.C.:smile:
One day in Williamsburg:smile:
One day in Leonardtown:smile:
One day in Solomons:smile:
Maybe one day at the Annapolis Harbor.:barf:

Just my thoughts

rigirl

There's a place called Occoquan,VA that's a couple of hours away(close to 95). The town is very small, but it has a lot of shops to browse in. I have only eaten at a little sandwich shop for lunch, but it was good. Here's their website: www.occoquan.com

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
rigirl said:
There's a place called Occoquan,VA that's a couple of hours away(close to 95). The town is very small, but it has a lot of shops to browse in. I have only eaten at a little sandwich shop for lunch, but it was good. Here's their website: www.occoquan.com
Umm, how is Occoquan unique to Southern Maryland? (read 1st post) Granted, DC and Annapolis are not SOMD but they are not VA.

Gunn317

Sadysue said:

Good question. Always like to take out of town guests to eat at local, "non-chain" restaurants. What are some good ones...that are reasonably priced? Been to the Willows, Dennis Point Marina, the one on the water in Ridge awhile back (??). They're all pretty pricey. What else?