Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shopping info ?

The JC Penny is too small, IMO. Not much in there if you are used to the big stores. There is a slim selection of clothing, a few bath & bed items and some shoes, no perfume or make-up counter, although they do have a hair salon.

Katie

Used Bookstore

There is a Used Bookstore in Prince Frederick called Second Look Books. When the new Library is built in Lexington Park, they will have a used book area to buy. Also they have a once a year sale on the books donated. Also in LaPlata at the Library they have a used book store also. The LaPlata libaray one has been getting construction all winter, and supposedly it will be ready for June or July but that was before the Tornado.

The flea market is good in Charlotte Hall.

Shopping malls, I like the Potomac Mills Mall. Of couse I am from Boston and got spoiled by malls on every corner. But most of my stuff comes from Walmart and Target anyhow.

Crabcakes either Schiebles in Ridge or Evan's. My boyfriend is from the county so he taught me how to eat crabs.

Originally posted by Sharon
    The JC Penny is too small, IMO. Not much in there if you are used to the big stores. There is a slim selection of clothing, a few bath & bed items and some shoes, no perfume or make-up counter, although they do have a hair salon.
    Man I agree. JC Penny socks big time! Course I am a guy, but talk about limits of work dress clothes. I never seen an area with such poor shopping choices -- unless you are a Walmart/Kmart junkie.... Places where I come from, those kind of stores didn't get too many customers because there were malls and REAL choices.....

Now that would be an awesome "profit making" endeavor... build a mall in SOMD and watch the Raley's kneel before you! :eek:

Course the Raley's own a large % of SOMD and sit on those deciding county boards... umm... ever wonder why there isn't a mall in St Mary's county?
    Nothing is certain except death, taxes - and calls from telemarketers regardless of do-not-call.gov. That don't work! Ask AT&T!

Lookin for Margaritaville
    My hubby is a golf fanatic , how are the courses up there ? I am sure he'll be checking out the greens up there once we are settled in . He and my son also love to fish, I posted a thread asking for fishing advice on one of the other threads , so far noone has replied ... I am sure my son will want to check out that place with the climbing wall , he loves them ...
    Hubby and I also want to take him crabbing ... we used to go crabbing in Destin, FL many years ago when we were teenagers ... We all love baseball, football and nascar ... we grew up being Braves fans but we are just as happy going to the minor league games here and a few Jaguar games , nothing like a ball game , hot dog and peanuts kind of evening:D
    Are there any racetracks (car) there ? We've gone to Daytona here many times to see a NASCAR race , lots of fun !
    We also like to go camping now and then, I have noticed there seem to be a lot of state parks in southern Maryland ... can't wait to visit them . Also, how are the beaches there ? I know they are totally different from florida beaches but they look pretty nonetheless .

well

Well if all ya need is a 6 dollar oil filter..then get it at all the other auto shops. If napa don't have they can get it in 1 day. A little bit of planning might be needed is all.

Now I need a HUGE socket 2 and 1/8" but have yet to search serioulsy besides buying it...Autozone has tool lending program. Maybe some of the other auto stores do as well...the point is. You don't have to have Autozone to make this palce a good place.

LOL. And heretic or whatever If your unhappy here. Move right? Sounds simple enough to me lol
    ~Rot in you know where~

Oh

AND RICHMOND is like an hour drive for me. or hour and 30 mins for msot people. So NASCAR fan you say you are...How bout it. Get tickets for the next richmomd race ;-) September I think ;-)

fishing and crabbing kics A double S around here too, and I only been here 3 months.
    ~Rot in you know where~

Heretic
    Your right, Im not fond of this place but the job is here. Its kind of hard to give up financial security, job security etc.

Too right

So then instead of complaining of this place as if it was "Godforsaken" Find something You like to do and get into it. Out some soul nehind it brother man lol seriously. Just find thigns you like. and Boom your good. No more complaining. Then you'll be a happy camper and won't die of a heart attack at age 40
    ~Rot in you know where~

You're kind of limited in the racing department around here but here is a link to the local "drag" track.

http://www.potomacspeedway.com/

Originally posted by cariblue

is that the same thing as budd's creek?
    Yeah! If you already mentioned it, sorry. Didn't catch it in my read.

:)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.