<ARRRG>

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Little Girl took a ride last night and asked me to go along...i said i had some stuff to do, and couldn't right then, so off she went. I got finished what i had to do, and she wasn't back yet so i pulled the Appa-potomus Cheyenne out of the field for a leisurely bareback ride down the 3 mile long, tree lined lane to find her....I pulled Chey up next to a pile of logs to use as a mounting block, and figured I'd just hop on (she's HUGE) I swung my right leg around to pop myself on, and i heard a POP like gunshot coming from the vicinity of my left knee (whose foot was firmly planted on the tree from which i was mounting). It was all i could do to continue with the swing and flop onto her neck without tossing dinner from the sheer pain....<ARRRG> I've already had both knees fixed once, and here i am at home alone!!

So, once the pain subsided, i figured, oh well i'm up here now, and don't know if my leg will support me when i get off, so off i went. Found Lil Girl (fine as usual) and headed for home. when i lined Chey up with the mounting block, i tried to use my left leg to get off....NOT. The upper part went one way the lower part went another. YIKES! So i hung there a while, until the pain dulled, and slid the other leg around and managed to slide off onto the right foot. When i got on to the ground i though NO WAY did my knee really just do that...NO WAY. So i pushed from the outside IN, and shloop, there it went again! YIKES! So i handed Lil' Girl the horse, she took her bridle off, and put her up for me. just about that time Rottncop called....<geesh> now i have to tell him we're on our way to the hospital, and listen to all that crap, :lol:. So here i sit today, waiting patiently for my appointment with the ortho doc tomorrow in PF (Dr Spatz)....Right at the beginning of riding season too. :burning:

We're still going to the S/P ride this weekend at LOMH, and depending on what the doc says tomorrow, i may not be riding while everyone else does....<ARRRG>

happyappygirl said:
Little Girl took a ride last night and asked me to go along...i said i had some stuff to do, and couldn't right then, so off she went. I got finished what i had to do, and she wasn't back yet so i pulled the Appa-potomus Cheyenne out of the field for a leisurely bareback ride down the 3 mile long, tree lined lane to find her....I pulled Chey up next to a pile of logs to use as a mounting block, and figured I'd just hop on (she's HUGE) I swung my right leg around to pop myself on, and i heard a POP like gunshot coming from the vicinity of my left knee (whose foot was firmly planted on the tree from which i was mounting). It was all i could do to continue with the swing and flop onto her neck without tossing dinner from the sheer pain....<ARRRG> I've already had both knees fixed once, and here i am at home alone!!

So, once the pain subsided, i figured, oh well i'm up here now, and don't know if my leg will support me when i get off, so off i went. Found Lil Girl (fine as usual) and headed for home. when i lined Chey up with the mounting block, i tried to use my left leg to get off....NOT. The upper part went one way the lower part went another. YIKES! So i hung there a while, until the pain dulled, and slid the other leg around and managed to slide off onto the right foot. When i got on to the ground i though NO WAY did my knee really just do that...NO WAY. So i pushed from the outside IN, and shloop, there it went again! YIKES! So i handed Lil' Girl the horse, she took her bridle off, and put her up for me. just about that time Rottncop called....<geesh> now i have to tell him we're on our way to the hospital, and listen to all that crap, :lol:. So here i sit today, waiting patiently for my appointment with the ortho doc tomorrow in PF (Dr Spatz)....Right at the beginning of riding season too. :burning:

We're still going to the S/P ride this weekend at LOMH, and depending on what the doc says tomorrow, i may not be riding while everyone else does....<ARRRG>
Snap your tendons? Ouch :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Sorry to hear that Happy. I just went through the knee thing. Wants to do arthoscopic surgery on it but I opted not to. Until I have too... Keeps us informed! If ya need help YELL!!! For a small fee (beer/food) Appy and I can fix ya right up :lmao: Hope it's not to serious...... :huggy: Oh Have fun at the LMH It's a pretty place to ride but just toooo conjested when they have big functions.

goldnhorse

AKA~mygoldnhorse
:flowers: That is a horrible thing to happen. Was Dr Spatz your surgereon for your previous problems? I hope all goes well at your Dr visit. :huggy: I feel for you.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
goldnhorse said:
:flowers: That is a horrible thing to happen. Was Dr Spatz your surgereon for your previous problems? I hope all goes well at your Dr visit. :huggy: I feel for you.
:killingme nope, dr Rhodes worked on my nose..i can see me now if she worked lower :shocking:
It feels kind of noodley. weird. i've had orthoscopic on both knees, that wasn't too bad, and they were great afterwards. This is different. The pop sounded just like gunshot. POW. Made me wanna PUKE. :dead: doesn't hurt too bad right now unless it goes sideways. I think it's the medial collateral ligament. but i'm no doc. i'll wait and see. rottncop has me scared to death. he's babying me, it's HORRIBLE. I hate it. If he calls me "fragile" one more time, i'm gonna hurt him. :smack:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:
:killingme nope, dr Rhodes worked on my nose..i can see me now if she worked lower :shocking:
It feels kind of noodley. weird. i've had orthoscopic on both knees, that wasn't too bad, and they were great afterwards. This is different. The pop sounded just like gunshot. POW. Made me wanna PUKE. :dead: doesn't hurt too bad right now unless it goes sideways. I think it's the medial collateral ligament. but i'm no doc. i'll wait and see. rottncop has me scared to death. he's babying me, it's HORRIBLE. I hate it. If he calls me "fragile" one more time, i'm gonna hurt him. :smack:

I am so very sorry to hear this DEE. Sounds like ACL. Been there and done that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :huggy:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Happy,
right down the road if you need help just hollar I can probebly hear you from there...Home usualy everyday ...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HEY ya didn't hear me lst night or this afternoon when i went out and TRIED to feed the horses.....wazzu with that? :lol:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I'm sOOO sorry about your knee! Fingers crossed they can fix you up fast!! Keep us posted - We'll be thinking positive thoughts!!! :flowers:

W

WildHorses

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. :flowers: Take care of yourself. It's not so bad being fragile if you have someone who cares as much as RC obviously does, enjoy it. :huggy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Busterduck said:
I am so very sorry to hear this DEE. Sounds like ACL. Been there and done that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :huggy:
How did you tear the ACL? Could you walk when you first did it? I'm thinking this is MCL, since i can walk on it. I just can't turn it in any way. YOWZA. drs apt is t 10:15....we shall see.
I finished the ride :biggrin:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
WildHorses said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. :flowers: Take care of yourself. It's not so bad being fragile if you have someone who cares as much as RC obviously does, enjoy it. :huggy:
:huggy: thanks to you and EVERYONE for the well wishes...

WH can you tell Changeling we won't be over for Lil One's lesson friday we're pulling out early friday morning for LOMH.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:

suspects an MCL tear :frow: going back at 7:00 for an MRI. Good news is, they "generally" don't do surgery for that particular thing.

WildHorses...please tell Cahngeling Lil One WILL be there for her lesson Friday, and tell her it's OK to put her with the other little girl like last week too if she wants.

Rottncop had his leave snatched away due to the holiday :burning:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
What's the point of getting leave only to have it taken away!!! They do that to us at my work - last year I carried over 30 days leave to this year because there was not enough bodies to go around! Such a pain!

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:
How did you tear the ACL? Could you walk when you first did it? I'm thinking this is MCL, since i can walk on it. I just can't turn it in any way. YOWZA. drs apt is t 10:15....we shall see.
I finished the ride :biggrin:

Round penning! Almost the same as you. Stepped to the side and POP! NO I COULD NOT WALK. Every time I tried, my leg came apart. If the same happended to you, you will know what I mean by that.

In any case, I had to crawl to the house. It was a very long hard road. If it turns out to be ACL, you will have several choices to make concerning treatment. We can talk about what I chose.

To be honest, it took me a full year before I was feeling somewhat the same. I will NEVER be completely the same.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Oh yeah...the leg slides apart, but only sideways, and with side to side movement (like when i push it just to see if its REALLY happening YOWZA how dumb is that), or i step up onto something. it's a WEIRD feeling when i'm not pushing on it, kind of noodley...:ohwell: This hinged brace makes a huge difference. Crutches are TERRIBLE. They hurt my armpits...and make me sweat with the effort. It just aches right now. waiting for mri results, go back to ortho tuesday. MAN i hate to wait, knowing they have the results right in the computer. :burning:

RC managed to get someone to work the sob checkpoint for him one day...SP will have TWO each day this weekend so Take care all, and drink RESPONSIBLY and STAY PUT when you guys booze it up :lol:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
But I still love ya :huggy:

Did your mare get approved?
Feeling is mutual

Diagnosis:
ACL Rupture, complete
Horizontal to oblique tear in the medial meniscus at the junction of the posterior horn and mid body
:burning: