Maryland Defense Force

SFC SCOTT

I have posted an ad in the announcements seeking volunteers to join the Maryland Defense Force, if you have any questions or would like more information please let me know.

thanks to the group

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Lugnut said:
What are you defending against? Virginia? Bad drivers? Peanutbutter abuse?
If that's the case, I'll start a Defense Force here in King George and we can fight over the river.

SFC SCOTT

Actually Virginia has a very good Defense Force, and we help out with all sorts of missions, we got to go down to help out for Hurricane Katrina, we helped when the tornado hit LaPlata, we do CERT, medical, lawyers, chaplians

There are many things just check out our website

R

residentofcre

CERT is something that we should have more involvement in all over the state.

CERT = Community Emergency Response Team​

I have been trying to spread the word about CERT for a couple of years now.

Go to my website and check out the information on evacuation & disaster...

I took the CERT training... I was one of the pioneer group in Calvert County...

We need people to be prepared to take care of themselves in the event they are stranded for some period of time... waiting to be rescued...

:coffee:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cholo said:
Dangit. I thought you were starting a militia, and I was all geared up to join.

Oh well...anyone want to start a militia?
That's what I thought too. And I was going to ask if we were allowed to always be armed.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
SFC SCOTT said:
Actually Virginia has a very good Defense Force, and we help out with all sorts of missions, we got to go down to help out for Hurricane Katrina, we helped when the tornado hit LaPlata, we do CERT, medical, lawyers, chaplians

There are many things just check out our website

I thought I had posted a lighthearted yet witty request for more information. Red karma would seem to indicate otherwise. Oh and for the red karma guy, FWIW I do have a little familiarity with the MDF.

For SFC Scott...

What did MDF do in Laplata after the tornado and what has MDF done in Maryland in recent memory aside from the Laplata tornado? What does MDF bring to the table that volunteer organizations like the Red Cross, local K-9 SAR, etc. don't?

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Lugnut said:
Red karma would seem to indicate otherwise. Oh and for the red karma guy, FWIW I do have a little familiarity with the MDF.
I get real defensive when it comes to peanut butter. :war:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
cholo said:
Dangit. I thought you were starting a militia, and I was all geared up to join.

Oh well...anyone want to start a militia?
You start one up there and I'll start one down here in VA and we can fight over who get's to fish in the Patomac. Sound fun?

SFC SCOTT

Wow, this is an official Military organization, we went down and set up a clinic system in LA after hurricane Katrina, we are looking to build our ranks so that in the next hurricane, or tornado, we will have more troops trained in basic Life saving techniques, CERT.

we are the Army's answer to the Air Force Civil Air Patrol.

There are still many among us that feel the need to work in a military situation, and support our troops any way we can

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't like your insignia..

You are neither Infantry, nor Cavalry, and I find it an insult that your group chose to disparage a Cavalry Sabre by including it with a nasty scummy infantry rifle..

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I'm a little confused by the entire organization. They seem to fall somewhere between a state militia and the red cross.