Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not liking the new 98 Star mornings?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob
    I have XM in BG's truck, and on the bike..

Love it.

We never listen to local radio anymore.
    I have Sirius, but same deal. I don't even bother with FM anymore. The Sirius unit that I have, and a few other foks here also got recently, I downloaded a bunch of my favorite CD's too and can listen to those if I wanted to be guaranteed of hearing something that I want. Even have 30 minutes of recorded Satellite stuff on it.
    No more Mexican and Chinese Levi's for me. www.TexasJeans.com 100% Made in the USA!

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1517165 width="50%">Anyone else not liking ...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>05-25-2006 10:44 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">old hippys rock</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old hippies do NOT rock. If I had my way I'd put every one of ya on a hemp barge, shove you out in the Bay, and light it up.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy
    <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1517165 width="50%">Anyone else not liking ...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>05-25-2006 10:44 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">old hippys rock</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old hippies do NOT rock. If I had my way I'd put every one of ya on a hemp barge, shove you out in the Bay, and light it up.
    A lot of people would be signing up for THAT cruise.

That's it exactly. It's not that I particularly dislike Moondog (although I could not agree more that the background music sounds like doom but basically his "show" is completely non-informational) or that I particularly liked the Heather/T-bone team, it's the fact that at least those two picked up on what was going on in the community, discussed it, and got some input from the general population. And we do need a set time for the traffic reports, although Beverly Farmer is better than the chick they had a month or two ago. She didn't know even know the area's basic geography. Several times, I caught her inventing an intersection where two roads didn't conenct. And she said one morning that traffic on Rt. 301 was backed up in Hughesville. I'm not sure if she thought 301 ran through Hughesville or if it was backed up from Brandywine. Now I've sat in some bad traffic getting into Waldorf, but not quite THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat
    Of course! How else would one be able to entice a hippie?
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

I LOVE the new format, but I don't like any DJ's so I'm not a Moondog fan. As far as DJ's go, he's ok I guess, but I just want to hear music.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat

Ive never been on a cruise. Thinking about it though, where do I get tickets.
    LOVE ME, LOVE MY DOG

Don't think that's much of a threat if one is an old hippie -- more like Nirvana, I would think.

let me just say, it Sucked before, it sucks now, it will suck in the future. Its SoMD radio, we're lucky we something other than country.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Annakinnus
    Don't think that's much of a threat if one is an old hippie -- more like Nirvana, I would think.
    I'm not trying to use that as a threat. It's what I'd do if I were Queen of the United States. It's a win win situation for all parties.