Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not liking the new 98 Star mornings?

I really like the new format, as a mid 20 something, it is so nice to have a radio station that actually plays, a) MUSIC and not talk b)songs I know and remember and c)a new host that I really enjoy listening to. It has been close to 2 months now, why is everyone still crying about TBone and Heather? Get over it. Think about the younger people in southern maryland, we used to have a couple of rock stations we could listen to here, one changed to a spanish channel, and one is now classical and the others are rap stations (which I cannot stand) so we really dont have much to choose from unless you can pick up a station from delaware or richmond on a clear day. I know it sucks to lose a station that you love, I have lost 2 within a year, please let us have something.
    I watched it on TV, so yes, I was there.

I heard them play Backstreet Boys or that other gay boy band right around the time it first switched formats. That was it for me, 100.3 and 94.7 for classics and 101 and 105.7 for anything else. That is all you need.
    "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I, a full commitments what I'm thinking of, you wouldn't get this from any other guy."

Quote Originally Posted by AK-74me
    I heard them play Backstreet Boys or that other gay boy band right around the time it first switched formats. That was it for me,

There is a great station out of Annapolis (103.1) when you can pick it up!
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm

There is a great station out of Annapolis (103.1) that all the cool boat people listen to when you can pick it up!
    Oh brother...

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia
    Oh brother...
    Don't think I've ever giving you one of these so,

LYMI
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Saint Inigoes Shores, Maryland, United States
    I'm in a big hole out here in St.Inigoes and can't get any radio stations. DirecTV has some XM stations on it now and since the TV is hooked up to surround sound I just use that. When I'm in my car I listen to WMZQ.

B's a classic rock kinda guy and says he doesn't like the new format at all.
    "The horror of that moment," the King went on, "I shall never, never forget."
    "You will though," the Queen said, "if you don't make a memorandum of it."

Well I have to say that I like it better than the 15,000 country music stations that come in. And the several oldies stations that come in. I like Moondog better than the two nitwits they used to have - I couldn't stand T-Shirt and the chick.

The jingles now say that it's the best mix of the 80's, 90's and today - but it's more like the best mix of the 80's, 80's and 80's, with the occasional 90's tune tossed in for good measure, but don't really expect anything new.

Which is not bad - don't get me wrong, I love the 80's thing; I mostly grew up in the 80's. But I often finding myself wanting to hear more of today and less of older stuff.

I need my Bo Bice and Nickelback dammit!!!
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalMom
    I'm in a big hole out here in St.Inigoes

Psst.... that big hole is St. Inigoes.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

WRXL XL102.1 Richmond VA. And yes you can probably pick in up in most places in SOMD. I get it from Callaway to Waldorf. Haven't been any further south to try in a while. A clone of DC 101 including "Idiot in the Morning". After his morning show goes off, it's a great station.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Has anybody heard where T-Bone and Heather are now? Just curious.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.