Anyone else not liking the new 98 Star mornings?

Annakinnus

I miss Heather and T-Bone. I liked hearing about what was going on in the community and hearing other points of view, however controversial. Now there's nothing like that now. I don't want drivel about this day in history and if I want all music, I'll pop in a CD.

Annakinnus said:
I miss Heather and T-Bone. I liked hearing about what was going on in the community and hearing other points of view, however controversial. Now there's nothing like that now. I don't want drivel about this day in history and if I want all music, I'll pop in a CD.

I dont like the new 98.3 at all...now where do I go for classic rock and 80's stuff? They had one redeeming moment when someone played the Ramones, but then it went straight back in the crapper.

thakidistight said:
I dont like the new 98.3 at all...now where do I go for classic rock and 80's stuff? They had one redeeming moment when someone played the Ramones, but then it went straight back in the crapper.
100.3 is great now. All classic 60's, 70's and 80's music. Only time I switch from it is when I need a traffic report (103.5 WTOP on the 8's) or when there is a commercial (switch to 98.7). But then it is right back to 100.3 once the commercial and or traffic report ends.

I am still waiting for ANY of the southern maryland stations to carry reliable, up to date traffic reports, and to broadcast them on a regular schedule. Every 10-15 minutes, starting at 5:00 a.m. would be great.

huntr1 said:
100.3 is great now. All classic 60's, 70's and 80's music. Only time I switch from it is when I need a traffic report (103.5 WTOP on the 8's) or when there is a commercial (switch to 98.7). But then it is right back to 100.3 once the commercial and or traffic report ends.

I think I tried that, I dont think I can get it...mebbe I shall give it another try today!

thakidistight said:
I think I tried that, I dont think I can get it...mebbe I shall give it another try today!
In my car I can get it all the way to GMR. In the minivan, it breaks up in Mechanicsville.

jbeaverjr

New Format is great!!! I'm still getting use to Moondog. The old Talk Show format duo was not bad, but it was more talk and in some cases to much bs. I like others wish the news was more up to date, and also the traffic was more up to date. News is most of the time a day if not 2-3 days old, and in most cases it is coming from the Enterprise. The traffic reports only change every hour, not good at all.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
huntr1 said:
I am still waiting for ANY of the southern maryland stations to carry reliable, up to date traffic reports, and to broadcast them on a regular schedule. Every 10-15 minutes, starting at 5:00 a.m. would be great.
That is never going to happen. Remember where you are. I would love to hear DAILY or breaking news. That is never going to happen either. I can't stand the music Moondog plays behind his commentaries. Sounds like he's playing an old version of DOOM.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
jbeaverjr said:
New Format is great!!! I'm still getting use to Moondog. The old Talk Show format duo was not bad, but it was more talk and in some cases to much bs. I like others wish the news was more up to date, and also the traffic was more up to date. News is most of the time a day if not 2-3 days old, and in most cases it is coming from the Enterprise. The traffic reports only change every hour, not good at all.
And how about some weather, like more than once an hour??????

Christy

b*tch rocket
jwwb2000 said:
I like the new format.

:yeahthat: You old farts have been monopolizing the airwaves with your 60's hippie music long enough. :smack: I for one, am thrilled that they are finally playing the "oldies" of my generation. :drama: I'd actually forgotten that Madonna used to have some really catchy songs. :getdown: :lmao:

WHICHWAYISUP?

mmm pizza
Annakinnus said:

Format blows and Moondog is a poor excuse for a DJ

Mikeinsmd

rack'm said:
XM :shrug:
The thought of paying for radio makes me cringe but I heard some XM recently & I'm afeered what I might do next. The "Buzzsaw" was rockin!!!

Broadcast Radio around here SUX.

rack'm

Jaded
Mikeinsmd said:
The thought of paying for radio makes me cringe but I heard some XM recently & I'm afeered what I might do next. The "Buzzsaw" was rockin!!!

Broadcast Radio around here SUX.

I have very few fuzzy spots on my XM....

I love it and was very resistant to getting it, but I wouldn't do without it now.