3 sweet outdoor cats need a home

ahanisch

hi all, i just moved to southern maryland. where i lived previously for 2 years, i had been feeding 3 stray cats who i have brought with me. the alternative was to abandon them, which i decided against because, although they had remained outdoors, they had grown used to regular feeding and had become fairly tame. after two years of feeding them, they were basically my pets now.

here in MD, i have moved into an apartment, and the cats miss their outdoor freedom. i had hoped they would adjust better but right now it seems like they would have been happier hungry and outside than fed and stuck indoors. i wish to now find them a home where they will be cared for and get to stay outside. is there anyone out there with a farm or big yard who would like some cats? they are really sweet and though you'll find them to be very skittish at first, after they learn you feed them they'll really start to be nice pets. please contact me if you would be willing to provide them a better home. (ahanisch@vt.edu)

ahanisch

about the cats

cat #1 - Curly
fairly short hair, light tan with white chest and paws (email for photo)
he's a fat one, this guy likes to eat. as a stray you wouldn't recognize him, he was so skinny. apparantly he didn't miss any meals though, just saved them for later. he's a real friendly cat, the oldest of the 3... maybe 5 years old? very laid back, of the 3 he's probably the most indoor compatible, though he sits at the window most of the day wishing he could go outside.

cat #2 - Moe
shorter hair, all tan (again, email for photo)
he's the most wild of the 3... more than anyone he misses outside and tries to sneak out everytime i go in and out of the apartment. he's also the sweetest, it sounds lame but the way he tilts his head in anticipation of being pet will melt your heart.

cat #3 - Jack Bauer
this is the youngest of the cats... he might be Curly's son. he's orange (email for photo) and very very very playful. i have one of those feathers on a string toys, he'll go nuts playing with it. his athleticism jumping and juking to catch the feather is truly amazing, and would definately entertain children. he also misses outside but like his father, is fairly settled indoors, he just needs more space... you can only do so many laps around the couch at 2am before your owner interrupts your play because he's trying to sleep.

all of the cats are male and fixed. they all understand the concept of the litter box, but really need homes where they can be both indoor and outdoor if not just outdoor (but with regular feeding and attention). they can all hunt, but they're good animals and deserve an owner who will give them attention and make sure they aren't starving in case the hunting is slow. as strays they were all very skinny. they were also very timid as strays and are still extremely shy around new people and places, but with patience and love, they will become great pets for anyone. around me they are very tame and i can pick them up and pet them without any problems. they never scratch or bite unless its gentle play or affection. anyways, they need good homes, better than the current small apartment i am living in. i also may be travelling often for work and 3 cats is too many if i'm not here every day to clean the litter boxes. i'm hoping some cat lover out there with a big yard or farm will adopt these pets. if that's you please reply.

Geek

Good luck with finding them a home. I think you are really wonderful for having them fixed and trying to find them a good home. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ahanisch said:
they can all hunt, but they're good animals and deserve an owner who will give them attention and make sure they aren't starving in case the hunting is slow.
I guess somebody with a bird feed next door would be ideal