"The Talisman"

B

Betty_Elms

Okay, I know the book is like 18 years old, but I just read King and Straub's "The Talisman" and it was fantastic! So was the sequel, "Black house".

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Betty_Elms
Okay, I know the book is like 18 years old, but I just read King and Straub's "The Talisman" and it was fantastic! So was the sequel, "Black house".

I love BOTH those books. Guess I'm kinda morbid. :yikes:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh! Have you read the "Dream Catcher" yet? That one has the same feel as the Talisman and Black House. I think they've made it into a movie.

B

Betty_Elms

Nah, you're not morbid Christy, you just like good books:razz2:
I haven't read "Dreamcatcher". I'm usually not a big King fan, but a friend of mine is, and she's been giving me these books to read.
I'm more of a Koontz reader...Anne Rice too.
I did like King's "Insomnia", so maybe I'll have to look into more of his books. I think I just got discouraged from reading him after "The Green Mile" and "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon". Those 2 didn't hold my interest at all.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Christy
Oh! Have you read the "Dream Catcher" yet? That one has the same feel as the Talisman and Black House. I think they've made it into a movie.

Hrm.. I wanted to read Dream Catcher. And yes...it is made into a movie. I do believe that Morgan Freeman is in it?.

B

Betty_Elms

Thanks Bluto! I actually did read "The Stand" and liked it a lot.
"Salem's Lot" I haven't read, but now I think I'll check it out next, I like the scary stories!

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Christy
Oh! Have you read the "Dream Catcher" yet? I think they've made it into a movie.

After your post on this, I actually saw the movie trailer for "Dreamcatcher"....I believe it comes out this month :biggrin: