tea from turds

greyhound

happy said:
tea from turds

That would be "coffee from turds". "Tea from turds" would be even more digusting. I bet it would be very difficult to wash those tea leaves clean.

I think I'll go throw up now. :barf:

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
While many are understandably skeptical of eating anything that has already been through the gastro-intestinal track of another...
Exactly. So I have to wonder where the originator of this process got their idea. Dare? Death Wish? Joke?

greyhound

hvp05 said:
Exactly. So I have to wonder where the originator of this process got their idea. Dare? Death Wish? Joke?
very serious caffein withdraw and no starbucks to be found. Necessity is the mother of invention.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
greyhound said:
very serious caffein withdraw and no starbucks to be found. Necessity is the mother of invention.

So do you think they grind the turds into a fine powder? Or does it sit like cocoa chunks at the bottom of the mug?

fttrsbeerwench

LexiGirl75 said:
So do you think they grind the turds into a fine powder? Or does it sit like cocoa chunks at the bottom of the mug?

EWWWWW!!!!! :lmao:

I think I'll pass on this brand of brew...

Is there nothing that people with too much money will do to be different? :lol:

greggor

"Civet coffee" as it's known in the Phillipines. I was visiting Manila on "official business" just a few months ago and I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to drink some of this very unique coffee. Many of you would be pleasently surprised by how well it tastes. I enjoyed the beverage very much and would rate it as some of the best coffee I've ever tasted.

Naturally, many folks would be turned off by the concept of drinking a beverage which comes from digested, recycled coffee beans, however you can't knock it unless you have tried it.

warneckutz

greggor said:
"Civet coffee" as it's known in the Phillipines.

Naturally, many folks would be turned off by the concept of drinking a beverage which comes from digested, recycled coffee beans, however you can't knock it unless you have tried it.

:coffee: :barf:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
they're saying the digestive process strips away the typical coffee bitterness... :dead:
a little coffee with my Sugar and creamer work nicely for me.

greggor

happyappygirl said:
they're saying the digestive process strips away the typical coffee bitterness... :dead:
a little coffee with my Sugar and creamer work nicely for me.

I would describe the flavor profile as surprisingly smooth and rich. There was no noticeable bitterness. I hate to use the word "earthy" to describe it's overall character because it beckons thoughts of the coffee's origin, but earthy it was (in a positive way).

We Americans eat and drink many things deemed disgusting by other countries just as many regions of the world eat and drink many things we find un pleasent. It's all about ones perspective, our lack of willingness to experience things our minds are closed to limit us in enjoying life to it's fullest.

Civet coffe will probably never become a mainstream product simply because of how it's processed. I'm willing to bet though, if many of you tried it unknowingly you would like it.

cdsulhoff

I would never tried anything like this. I guess the farmer really needed their crop of coffee beans that they were willing to retrieve it.. :killingme How does a farmer figure out a thing like that?:confused: