Why can't we help?

changeling

I've noticed recently that everytime someone asks for help they are attacked and forced to explain their incompetence. Can't we just accept that sometimes we all may need guidance. I thought the forum was made up of people with a wide range of experience from which we could garner assistance. Can we just stop the attacking and maybe help with the problem at hand. :flowers: Not trying to be negative but I think this discourages people from asking for help for fear of criticism. Just a thought. :huggy:

changeling said:
I've noticed recently that everytime someone asks for help they are attacked and forced to explain their incompetence. Can't we just accept that sometimes we all may need guidance. I thought the forum was made up of people with a wide range of experience from which we could garner assistance. Can we just stop the attacking and maybe help with the problem at hand. :flowers: Not trying to be negative but I think this discourages people from asking for help for fear of criticism. Just a thought. :huggy:
From what I have seen... most times the true help and sound advice comes in the form of "tough love"...:shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Obviously you haven't been here that long. This is the kinder and gentler forums version.

nomoney

The majority of people that come on here asking for help, receive help. And from more then one person. Besides that dummy in the goat thread - I'd like for you to point out one thread where people with legitimate needs weren't helped. And even that dummy in the goat thread got the help she needed :yay:

nomoney said:
The majority of people that come on here asking for help, receive help. And from more then one person. Besides that dummy in the goat thread - I'd like for you to point out one thread where people with legitimate needs weren't helped. And even that dummy in the goat thread got the help she needed :yay:
Exactly. Great post, nomoney...:clap:

changeling

nomoney said:

Do I really need to bring up "THE DOG"

nomoney

kwillia said:
Yes... because I don't know which thread you are talking about...:confused:

:duh: You know! The one about THE DOG!. Not the one about that other dog...it was the one about THE DOG. :duh:

rack'm

Jaded
changeling said:
Do I really need to bring up "THE DOG"

You better....because, like NoMo said, people get the help the need here, they just refuse to accept it. :duh:

"Advice is what you ask for when you don't want to accept what you know you should do"

changeling

nomoney said:
:duh: You know! The one about THE DOG!. Not the one about that other dog...it was the one about THE DOG. :duh:

Exactly, not the one about THE OTHER DOG, the one about THE DOG.

My point exactly, you can't say anything without being attacked :jameo:

I feel threatened :jameo:

vrai help!

Pandora

rack'm said:
You better....because, like NoMo said, people get the help the need here, they just refuse to accept it. :duh:

"Advice is what you ask for when you don't want to accept what you know you should do"

Advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer but wish you didn't. :high5: That was my siggy line for a LONG time and I firmly believe it.

I disagree that people are not helpful when you have an animal issue. The people here are always giving VERY good advice over animal issues; in fact, it is one of the best issues to address with this forum.

changeling

Seriously, I was just trying to get a point accross...and point made. I don't know about the rest of you but I have to get to work.

changeling said:
Seriously, I was just trying to get a point accross...and point made. I don't know about the rest of you but I have to get to work.
I didnt' get your point. Can you point me to the point...:confused:

nomoney

changeling said:

what dog thread? And I think rack'm made his point as well thanks to you :yay:

you only wanted to hear what you wanted to hear. Even though others were able to back up their statements that everyone does get the help they need, you have yet to prove that they don't :shrug: