#&%* %^$# Starlings

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Who has the best idea for getting a nest of free loading starlings out of my fireplace? They should have been gone a month ago, but they seem to be enjoying the free cable and a/c. :tantrum:

Whoever has the best idea gets to come over and do it! TIA :cheesy: :dance: :flowers:

Mikeinsmd

Mrs. Jones said:
Who has the best idea for getting a nest of free loading starlings out of my fireplace? They should have been gone a month ago, but they seem to be enjoying the free cable and a/c. :tantrum: Whoever has the best idea gets to come over and do it! TIA :cheesy: :dance: :flowers:
So your bird needs attention?? :really: :whistle:

Vince

1) You can call a chimney sweep and get your chimney cleaned out.
2) Keep lighting fires during the summer and hope they don't come back.
3) Wait until their nesting season is over and the babies fly the coup.

And when this summer is over, have your chimney sweep install a very good chimney cap. I put up with them for years before I got a chimney cap. Haven't had a problem since.

BOHDEN

these birds are driving me nuts, they are perching on my windows to my sunroom and plucking at the windows.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
So your bird needs attention?? :really: :whistle:

Mikey, Vince's ideas are pretty good. You got anything better? The fireplace is in my bedroom. :bubble: :lol:

I did have a guy out here in the fall to put the cap on, but it was raining and he said it was too steep to go up there in the rain. :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

Mrs. Jones said:
Mikey, Vince's ideas are pretty good. You got anything better? The fireplace is in my bedroom. :bubble: :lol:
Vince doesn't know what he's talking about (all due respect Vince). This should be handled by a professional. I'm heading over now. I'll take care of your bird.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Vince doesn't know what he's talking about (all due respect Vince). This should be handled by a professional. I'm heading over now. I'll take care of your bird.
K_Jo's getting angry! :jameo:

bcp

In My Opinion
take the cats from this post and throw them down with the birds.

no need to thank me, just remember to help out someone else in need in the future.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
http://www.ncsg.org/homeowners/swifts.htm

I usually lurk here, so this is my first post. :howdy:
[I've always found the forum topics to have the latest breaking news when I've gone to SOMD.com to see what was going on!]

When I saw this thread, I thought I'd post some information I've run across. (hope it helps!)

BOHDEN

these birds have to go. this morning they we plucking at the window again, then when i went to skeer it away, it went in its nest above the door on my outside stereo speaker

Vince

BOHDEN said:
these birds have to go. this morning they we plucking at the window again, then when i went to skeer it away, it went in its nest above the door on my outside stereo speaker
They used to nest inside my chimney. There's a ledge built into the brick and they would make their nest on it. Then the dayum babies would hatch and all I heard in the living room was bird noises. They had to go.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Mrs. Jones said:
Who has the best idea for getting a nest of free loading starlings out of my fireplace? They should have been gone a month ago, but they seem to be enjoying the free cable and a/c. :tantrum:

Whoever has the best idea gets to come over and do it! TIA :cheesy: :dance: :flowers:
From what I understand , Those nasty azz Starlings don't build nests, they steal nests from other birds, then the Starling steals the hard working birds eggs. Then the nasty azz Starling lays it's eggs and abandons them to be raised by the hard working birds.

Male Blue Jay looking at Jr Jay :confused: Honey have you been cheating on me?

BTW: have a screen cap put on your chimney.