A Day for Jesus in Calvert County

R

residentofcre

Let's do this .... Lusby Church of God.... Paster Weems.... Let's have a Day for Jesus in Calvert County....

R

residentofcre

HottChild said:
Everyday is A day for Jesus IMO

Wouldn't it be great tho... if all of us who believe just walked out in the street and celebrated a Day for Jesus in Calvert County.

I saw the Rev. Weems on local access tv last night. He was calling for a Day for Jesus.

You know if we joined together and celebrated Jesus for one day, enthusiastically, in public, without ribbons or gift wrap... it would be a profound blessing on our communities.

Which day should we choose? September 11th? :coffee:

greyhound

residentofcre said:
Wouldn't it be great tho... if all of us who believe just walked out in the street and celebrated a Day for Jesus in Calvert County.

I saw the Rev. Weems on local access tv last night. He was calling for a Day for Jesus.

You know if we joined together and celebrated Jesus for one day, enthusiastically, in public, without ribbons or gift wrap... it would be a profound blessing on our communities.

Which day should we choose? September 11th? :coffee:

If you are going to pick a day...we already have one...Christmas.

R

residentofcre

greyhound said:
If you are going to pick a day...we already have one...Christmas.

Christmas and Easter have both been exploited.... we should just all do this...

How about August 6th? We need time to get the word out...

greyhound

residentofcre said:
Christmas and Easter have both been exploited.... we should just all do this...

How about August 6th? We need time to get the word out...

I decline to pick a day...I celebrate Jesus everyday.

R

residentofcre

greyhound said:
I decline to pick a day...I celebrate Jesus everyday.

So do I...

Think of it as calling out the army... people are in the army everyday... but they are called on events.... We could say we are called to celebrate ....

It wouldn't cost us anything.... we could spread the word through churches... word of mouth... it's evangelistic...

R

residentofcre

Someone left red karma for me.... saying "not all voters like religious fanatics"

I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable.... I apologize....

Charles

residentofcre said:
Someone left red karma for me.... saying "not all voters like religious fanatics"

What are you apologizing for?

Barnacle

residentofcre said:

Don't apologize for being who you are!

bcp

In My Opinion
residentofcre said:
Let's do this .... Lusby Church of God.... Paster Weems.... Let's have a Day for Jesus in Calvert County....

Im sorry but I have a hard time believing in any politician that begins to get all religious on the masses. It sounds too much like they are playing into the voting block.

Stick with your other ideas, they are all good, valid and worthy of a vote... except for that little issue of bringing in the deadbeats through an "affordable" housing program. Lose that and all could be good.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Good for you, Hottchild and greyhound! I agree.

As for the rest of it, Christians running for office need to stop apologizing. You are who you are, and if a certain segment of voters is that offended by having a Christian in office, oh well.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
Good for you, Hottchild and greyhound! I agree.

As for the rest of it, Christians running for office need to stop apologizing. You are who you are, and if a certain segment of voters is that offended by having a Christian in office, oh well.
:yeahthat:Christians need to stop apologizing for what we believe. Belief in Jesus as God, Savior, and Lord is what makes Christians Christians. If people are offended by you being a Christian, don't worry about it. Jesus said people would be upset at those that follow Him, even their own family will despise them.
Matthew 10:32-39

32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;

36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

37"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

39"He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.
Christians should take heart when others find us different.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I think that Luke 6:22 pretty well sums things up:

"Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man."

I celebrate a day for Jesus every week. There's a pastor and music and we all meet in these buildings and worship together. Unless we had a huge multi-denominational march of some sort I can't see that this would even be noticed by the public at large.

Maybe if the press paid more attention to church groups and their activities like Christmas in April, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, Hospice Care, Family Counseling, and helping the poor in our communities we wouldn't feel ignored. Then again it doesn't matter if we get attention, does it? We know the good that we do and so does the Lord.

Vince

residentofcre said:

(1) The person that left you the red is an idiot because this is posted in religion and not politics. (2) Just because you mention Jesus, doesn't make you a religious fanatic (and there's nothing wrong with that anyway) (3) No need for an apology, no one here is uncomfortable except the idiot that left you the red.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
tlatchaw said:
I think that Luke 6:22 pretty well sums things up:

"Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man."

I celebrate a day for Jesus every week. There's a pastor and music and we all meet in these buildings and worship together. Unless we had a huge multi-denominational march of some sort I can't see that this would even be noticed by the public at large.

Maybe if the press paid more attention to church groups and their activities like Christmas in April, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, Hospice Care, Family Counseling, and helping the poor in our communities we wouldn't feel ignored. Then again it doesn't matter if we get attention, does it? We know the good that we do and so does the Lord.
Good scripture. Thanks.

The press doesn't notice anything good, especially Christian. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan complain that all the news they see about the wars is bad news; never anything about all the good things that are being done and the "wins" everyday. Most of the press is liberal and want the war to go badly so the Democrats can get back in power. For similar reason, the liberal press don't much like the Christian way of life since it calls for absolutes and not telling lies is one of those absolutes. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have all the news being only news; just the facts, who, what, when, where, and how. The news would be the same no matter what source to got it from. It might be boring, but you would have the facts and could make up your own mind about the effect on you and the world around you.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Here is more scripture about a Christian's relationship to the others of the world. Jesus is speaking.
John 17:18-23

18"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you.

19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

20"Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master ' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

21"But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.

22"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

23"He who hates Me hates My Father also.