Ouch!!

A

angelphish

My son told me that his lights in his bathroom wouldn't come on, so I checked the braker and it had tripped. Not finding anything unusual I went about my day. Later I noticed that several of my aquariums pumps were off. I checked the braker and it had tripped again. I went about feeding my fish and checking water temps as usual when I suddenly found the cause of the tripping braker when I put my hand in one tank. Now it's not so much that it hurt like heck being shocked, but I had to sweep up a half a container of brand new fish pellets off the floor. :eek:

K

Kain99

Fish tanks can certainly be great conductors! I hope your ok. :wink:

J

justhangn

Good thing you didn't have on the goggles and snorkel like the guy in the commercial checking out the fish in the tank. :lol:

A

angelphish

I'm o.k.
Sometimes I need a little kick to get my day started :biggrin:

I have sponge filters in some, power filters in most.

I have never found a fish stuck to the wall but I have kicked a few across the floor.

A

angelphish

Overflow. Some had bio wheels but I removed them because they didn't do anything. I prefer Whisper over Penquin and Millennium over Whisper.

The shock problem was due to a crack in the heater.:frown:

A

angelphish

Slipped my mind. Yes I do have one. It's a Marineland H.O.T. I got back when they first came out. It still runs great. Years ago I had their 300 or whatever it was before they changed it to a 350. I hated it. After a year it needed to be greased often and finally just gave out. Personally I think most of their stuff is crap.