RockStar Supernova

LordStanley

I know nothing
If anyone remembers the band Lennex (from Ocean City) that used to play at monks and on Solomons Island, you should check out the show on TV called RockStar Supernova. http://rockstar.msn.com/

The lead singer Phil is a contestant on the show. If left standing at the end, he will front Tommy Lee and his band.

Show your support and give Phil a vote during the next episode.

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
I didn't realize that he was kind of a "local" boy, that's cool. I've watched the two shows so far, and, just being honest here, hope he does better in future performances.

Honestly, compared to the other contestants, where do think he stands? I'd put him somewhere in the middle at this point, not sure his style will end up being what Tommy and Jason are really into, but I wish him luck.

fttrsbeerwench

moon5leg said:
I didn't realize that he was kind of a "local" boy, that's cool. I've watched the two shows so far, and, just being honest here, hope he does better in future performances.

Honestly, compared to the other contestants, where do think he stands? I'd put him somewhere in the middle at this point, not sure his style will end up being what Tommy and Jason are really into, but I wish him luck.

I watched about half of the show and the ONLY person who could even carry a tune was that red haired chick who covered, "Smells like teen spirit"

SHE FULL ON ROCKED !!! :dude: :larry:

Everyone else sucked.. Maybe I missed Phil.. I can remember seeing Lennox play before they were old enough to drink..
Damn I'm gettin' old:ohwell:

LordStanley

I know nothing
moon5leg said:

Ive heard phil sing better at Catamarans then he did on the show. And not to be bias, but I think hes better than most on the show. Id put him up closer to the top. He needs to sing a song that really makes his voice stand out. He used to cover STP's Wicked Garden and would always nail it.

If he sang something like that... he'd go a long way

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
LordStanley said:
Ive heard phil sing better at Catamarans then he did on the show. And not to be bias, but I think hes better than most on the show. Id put him up closer to the top. He needs to sing a song that really makes his voice stand out. He used to cover STP's Wicked Garden and would always nail it.

If he sang something like that... he'd go a long way

Probably true, I've heard many singers that don't sound as good on TV as they do live. I'd love to hear him sing something heavier, guess we just wait and see.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Great song he sang tonight... His voice was finially showcased and put to good use... And he got to rock out with Jason Newsted

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
When it comes to this show, I have a feeling it might be better to end up the first runner-up. Yes, it would be an awesome experience to win and join the band, but I don't get the feeling Supernova will be around for very long. A CBS television show isn't exactly a powerful foundation for a durable band, at least I wouldn't assume it is, and all the other members of Supernova are so established, they could easily just leave and get the funding for another crazy venture. This is why I'd bet it's better to get all the exposure and become a household name in music circles, but leave before you're actually a Supernova member.

Nanny Pam

I'n not a 'rocker' but I kinda like this show. I've been watching for a few weeks. I like Dilana. (sp)

I'm a counrty girl, and 50's & 60's rock-n-roll.

Lilypad

Imho-

Gonna be between South African Dilana and Aussie Toby Rand!
Buh bye Storm and Patrice! :howdy:
Lukas and that red shadow gives me the willies? :jameo:
(Sorry, but glad they kicked Phil to the curb-ekkkkkkkkkk!)

Nanny Pam

Lilypad said:
Gonna be between South African Dilana and Aussie Toby Rand!
Buh bye Storm and Patrice! :howdy:
Lukas and that red shadow gives me the willies? :jameo:
(Sorry, but glad they kicked Phil to the curb-ekkkkkkkkkk!)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, me too. He got on my nerves with that bobble-head thing he was always going. Oh and the way he always cut his eyes, looking right, OMG too freaky for me. Glad he's gone.
He wasn't that good anyway.

BrassieChic

I'm sure NERVES are a huge part of performers NOT sounding so hot on TV BUT you know they have the TOP OF THE LINE SOUND EQUIPMENT AND ENGINEERS...that SHOULD make them sound TOP NOTCH! Love Tommy Lee! Did anyone see the other show that Dave Navarro hosted...where they found ...can't remember his first name but his last name was Fortune for the band Inxses...I CAN'T SPELL THAT BAND NAME! Arrg! What do ya think of the Pretty Vegas song?

funkabilly!

BrassieChic said:
I'm sure NERVES are a huge part of performers NOT sounding so hot on TV BUT you know they have the TOP OF THE LINE SOUND EQUIPMENT AND ENGINEERS...that SHOULD make them sound TOP NOTCH! Love Tommy Lee! Did anyone see the other show that Dave Navarro hosted...where they found ...can't remember his first name but his last name was Fortune for the band Inxses...I CAN'T SPELL THAT BAND NAME! Arrg! What do ya think of the Pretty Vegas song?

Yep that was last season. Dave Navaro is the full time host along with Brooke Burke. I agree about Phil from Salisbury, he stunk. I saw his band Lennox awhile back and tehy were pretty good though. Guess it's the different environment.
Here's a good site for the show,
http://www.rockstargohome.com/

BrassieChic

funkabilly! said:
Yep that was last season. Dave Navaro is the full time host along with Brooke Burke. I agree about Phil from Salisbury, he stunk. I saw his band Lennox awhile back and tehy were pretty good though. Guess it's the different environment.
Here's a good site for the show,
http://www.rockstargohome.com/

Thats a cool site! Oh yeah J.D. Fortune was the guy who one that last one!

Nanny Pam

I almost passed out when they called Magni's name! :faint:
He is good.
My favorite is still Dilana.
I'm glad 'what's her name' went.

Patrice, although I'm not a big fan of hers, really rocked tonight!

LordStanley

I know nothing
Its about freeking time they booted Zayra... She shouldnt have made it past the first night....

Dilana should win this thing hands down.....

Nanny Pam

LordStanley said:
Its about freeking time they booted Zayra... She shouldnt have made it past the first night....

Dilana should win this thing hands down.....

Did you see her run naked around the pool, last night?
Who's going home tonight? The last dude singing....what's his name?

Lucas...he sucked.

Last edited: