Football players gang-raped girl, 11, police say

Ponytail

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/10/girl.raped.ap/index.html

yea, it sounds horrible..how could they...:blahblah: And I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but something doesn't sound right.

"The rape of an 11-year-old girl may have involved as many as 10 men, ..."

"The victim, who suffered no serious physical injuries, was taken to University Medical Center for an examination.

:confused: Do they have Chinese league football in Cali?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hello?
The victim, a runaway from a group home, went to a Fresno apartment complex Saturday night to visit an acquaintance,

Yep, poor little innocent girl. It could happen to YOUR CHILD next!! :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ponytail said:
Yep. The little ho had it coming. All she had to do was stay home.
Stop that :bonk:

My point is these news guys make it sound like she was just some sweet, innocent girl fast asleep at home in her bed when these football brutes broke in and kidnapped her.

They do this with these chickies who find pervs on the internet and run off with them, too.

Back to your original point of confussion, PT... I think it's all in how you define "serious injuries". She very well could have been physically harmed without it being considered "serious" if they didn't purposely rough her up.

Geek

"The victim, who suffered no serious physical injuries, was taken to University Medical Center for an examination."

I don't think cuts and bruises qualify as serious injuries. She is 11 years old. It was rape no matter what. Just because she is a runaway from a group home she is not innocent :confused:

aosmiles

what is wrong with you? why is she a "little ho"? do you even know her? No, I think not. So, why does anyone "deserve" to be raped or "sexually assaulted" as is it is called to make it sound better and less intrusive? The truth is, no one deserves to be raped regardless of the circumstances. She is a girl whose life has just been permanently altered. Have some compassion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geek said:
Just because she is a runaway from a group home she is not innocent
I'm sure there are many innocent 11 year old girls who run away from their group home to go prowling for guys and end up getting raped. Happens all the time.

The article said she "visited the home of an acquaintance" where she was set upon by these football players. Was the "acquaintance" one of the rapists? Or maybe she went to the wrong house?

:shrug:

Geek

vraiblonde said:
I'm sure there are many innocent 11 year old girls who run away from their group home to go prowling for guys and end up getting raped. Happens all the time.

The article said she "visited the home of an acquaintance" where she was set upon by these football players. Was the "acquaintance" one of the rapists? Or maybe she went to the wrong house?

:shrug:

Oh, She is screwed up, for sure. Probably sexually abused. She might even dress like a ho and beg for it like Slotted :shrug: It is still rape when she is 11.

morganj614 said:
10 men and not one serious injury? Did they go real slow? :confused:
I would think even a need for some stitches wouldn't be defined as "serious injury"... it's all in how they define it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geek said:
It is still rape when she is 11.
Oh, I agree. I think they should prosecute her parents for not taking care of their daughter. I'm not suggesting that an 11 year old girl is mature enough to be responsible for her actions and use good judgement - that's why they invented parents to keep kids safe.

But I'll bet you $10 that the parents sue the group home.

Geek

kwillia said:
I would think even a need for some stitches wouldn't be defined as "serious injury"... it's all in how they define it.

And how much info they feed the media...

Geek

vraiblonde said:
Oh, I agree. I think they should prosecute her parents for not taking care of their daughter. I'm not suggesting that an 11 year old girl is mature enough to be responsible for her actions and use good judgement - that's why they invented parents to keep kids safe.

But I'll bet you $10 that the parents sue the group home.

If she has parents. Most of the kids in the group home I worked for were orphans. And how come the 10 men are not responsible for their actions?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geek said:
And how come the 10 men are not responsible for their actions?
Oh, they are. But I'm talking about the root of the problem, not the consequence. Certainly these guys should receive punishment if they raped this girl. But I'm concerned about what put this girl in the position to be raped in the first place.

I mean, it's not like she was walking home from school, minding her own business, and 10 guys jumped her out of the blue.

Ponytail said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/10/girl.raped.ap/index.html

yea, it sounds horrible..how could they...:blahblah: And I'm not saying it couldn't have happened, but something doesn't sound right.

"The rape of an 11-year-old girl may have involved as many as 10 men, ..."

"The victim, who suffered no serious physical injuries, was taken to University Medical Center for an examination.

:confused: Do they have Chinese league football in Cali?

Sounds too much like the Duke lacrosse thing....Im not saying it couldnt have happened either, but.......A young, impressionable girl (living in a group home....I will leave that one alone) sees this on TV, thinks its a good way to get some cash, calls rape...Im not saying thats how it happened, but it does sound mighty familiar.

slotted

Geek said:
Oh, She is screwed up, for sure. Probably sexually abused. She might even dress like a ho and beg for it like Slotted :shrug: It is still rape when she is 11.
I do NOT dress like a ho. :war:

Attachments

• sr.jpg
    sr.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 62