The Passion of Mary Magdalen

Geek

It is a huge book. I loved every page. It is actually the middle of a trilogy. It is the story of Mary Magdalen as told by her. She starts off being sold into slavery and goes to a brothel. She becomes a priestess and winds up Marrying Jesus. It is a very spicy read with much cursing and lots of sex, so if that is not your style beware. It also is very beautiful love story between her and Jesus . Let me know if you read it, I would love to discuss it with you :yay:

Last edited:

just.me

Geek said:
It is a huge book. I loved every page. It is actually the middle of a trilogy. It is the story of Mary Magdalen as told by her. She starts off being sold into slavery and goes to a brothel. She becomes a priestess and winds up Marrying Jesus. It is a very spicy read with much cursing and lots of sex, so if that is not your style beware. It also is very beautiful and love story between her and Jesus is wonderful. Let me know if you read it, I would love to discuss it with you :yay:

I am gonna order it!
Have you read any books by Diana Gabaldon?

Geek

just.me said:
I am gonna order it!
Have you read any books by Diana Gabaldon?

No, I will have to look her up :yay:

I have a signed copy of TPOMM, and I may get to meet the author when I go to New York. My MIL knows a friend of the author :dance:

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm by no means a bible thumper, but I've never been in to any kind of books that seriously mock someone else's religion. Satire and humor is one thing (Monty Python), but stuff like "The Last Temptation of Christ" and this type book just sort of bug me. :shrug:

Geek

Christy said:
I'm by no means a bible thumper, but I've never been in to any kind of books that seriously mock someone else's religion. Satire and humor is one thing (Monty Python), but stuff like "The Last Temptation of Christ" and this type book just sort of bug me. :shrug:

It is beautiful story that does tribute to the Bible and women :yay: The Passion Of Christ scene in this book is breathtaking.

Pete

Repete
Christy said:
:faint:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy said:

Some people call it mocking. Others call it a different perspective.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Geek said:
It is beautiful story that does tribute to the Bible and women :yay: The Passion Of Christ scene in this book is breathtaking.

To the vast majority of Christians, the story would be offensive, since most don't hold the believe that Jesus and Mary M were lovers. :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Christy said:
To the vast majority of Christians, the story would be offensive, since most don't hold the believe that Jesus and Mary M were lovers. :shrug:
The vast majority of christians find anything different offensive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it's rude. Why not make them fictional characters instead of based on religious figures? Same story, less offensive.

But I think that's the point of movies/books like this - to offend Christians. Otherwise why would they do it?

Christy

b*tch rocket
Pete said:

:razz: Call me quirky. I've honestly just always hated stuff that turns Jesus into a horny dude. :faint:

But on the converse, I totally dig books and movies that are biblical satire. Just call me a hypocrite. :neener:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
I think it's rude. Why not make them fictional characters instead of based on religious figures? Same story, less offensive.

But I think that's the point of movies/books like this - to offend Christians. Otherwise why would they do it?

Because they think differently, they're not narrow minded.

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:

EXACTLY!!! :love:

Geek

First off, you got to read a book not judge it by the cover. Secondly, it is a fiction story that has Jesus as a character. People can tell from the title what is about. Don't read it if the thought of Jesus having a lover offends you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy said:
I've honestly just always hated stuff that turns Jesus into a horny dude.
Well, Jai just outed Oz as a horny dude who chokes his woman out, so I really can't think about Jesus right now. :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Because they think differently, they're not narrow minded.
You can't "think differently" about Scripture. It is what it is, not what people want it to be.