California trash service

beerlover

I recently moved to California and I don't know how to sign up for trash service. Can anyone tell me the name or number of the trash people? I looked in the "Just Moved Here" section and it just said Charles and Calvert counties.

Thanks!

Midnightrider

beerlover said:
I recently moved to California and I don't know how to sign up for trash service. Can anyone tell me the name or number of the trash people? I looked in the "Just Moved Here" section and it just said Charles and Calvert counties.

Thanks!
you can take your trash to the transfer station on St Andrews church road for free....

wunsent

beerlover said:
Don't they do door to door pickups? I don't have a truck to take stuff to the transfer station...

Call Waste Management and check with them. They do our pickups in Lexington Park.

beerlover said:

Thanks!
St. Marys disposal in the phone book.

C

chess

If you want to goto the local landfills, transfer stations, all you need is your registration and you take it to there booth, and they give you a decal you put on your car.. This is for St Marys.... I am not sure how Charles and Calvert work...

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
chess said:
If you want to goto the local landfills, transfer stations, all you need is your registration and you take it to there booth, and they give you a decal you put on your car.. This is for St Marys.... I am not sure how Charles and Calvert work...

Its' the same in Calvert.

Candle Lover

baileydog said:
I just cancelled WM, they were up to 40.00 a month.

I just cancelled with WM in May. We were paying 60.00 a month. My folks were being charged 65.00 a month. We started asking neighbors and found out that there are a lot of people paying different rates. They couldn't explain the difference in payment.

So far going to the transfer station hasn't felt like an inconvenience at all.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Candle Lover said:
I just cancelled with WM in May. We were paying 60.00 a month. My folks were being charged 65.00 a month. We started asking neighbors and found out that there are a lot of people paying different rates. They couldn't explain the difference in payment.

So far going to the transfer station hasn't felt like an inconvenience at all.

What a bunch of theives. I dont blame them for cancelling too.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
chess said:

Going to the landfill or transfer station on St. Andrews Church Rd. is fine for some people, people with open bed pickup trucks for example but I don't think it's practical for most. I've ridden through my neighborhood and have seen what people throw in their trash. Most of it I wouldn't consider hauling to the dump because I wouldn't want the smell in my car.

beerlover

Well, I signed up with Waste Management (Before I read about their thievery). They told me it was $33 a month, billed in quarters. I'll be keeping my eye on them, though. Maybe I should use my little john boat/trailer as a garbage barge and do the transfer station thing. I don't even know where that transfer station is yet and I haven't gotten a phone book yet. Thanks for the replies!

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
beerlover said:

Thanks!

I use Bay Area Disposal, they're in the book. $27 a month - they pick up my trash every Friday, plus they let me use a big 55 gal plastic garbage bin on wheels. I think it's $25 a month w/o the garbage bin, ie use your own bins.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
beerlover said:
Well, I signed up with Waste Management (Before I read about their thievery). They told me it was $33 a month, billed in quarters. I'll be keeping my eye on them, though. Maybe I should use my little john boat/trailer as a garbage barge and do the transfer station thing. I don't even know where that transfer station is yet and I haven't gotten a phone book yet. Thanks for the replies!

Both the landfill and the transfer station are on St. Andrews Church Rd. (Route 4 towards Leonardtown). The landfill is for bulk items and items that aren't accepted at the transfer station. The last time I was there, there was a small fee. There is no fee at the transfer station and they do have recycle bins for those who recycle (cardboard, plastic etc.)

It's good for those times when you have something that WM will not pick up.

OrneryPest

lower life form
chess said:
Calvert county works the same way.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
beerlover said:

Wait till you get your 3 month bill for 100.00. Thats when it hit me. 100 bucks for trash. NO. I know there is no difference, but I would have rather paid monthly. Doesnt seem like it would hurt as much.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
wxtornado said:
I use Bay Area Disposal, they're in the book. $27 a month - they pick up my trash every Friday, plus they let me use a big 55 gal plastic garbage bin on wheels. I think it's $25 a month w/o the garbage bin, ie use your own bins.

What book are they in. Just please help and post # :huggy:

Lillypad1281

Southern Maryland Waste Managment is suppose to pick up up every Monday morning - they contiue to skip over our house, we have not complained but then we put three cans of trash out because they skipped us the previous week, and do you know they only emptied two and left the third one full - Said our contract was for only TWO cans not THREE

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I hate WM...they are totally inept. Sometimes they come by at 4AM, sometimes at 8PM, sometimes not at all.

I have been contemplating switching for awhile and think I'll put it on my 'to do' list for today. Our bill has increased from 82.00 a quarter to 102.00 a quarter since Feb 06 and service has decreased. :burning: