Charles County Government Is Dumping Radioactive Waste Into Potomac!

It is being done by the CHARLES COUNTY GOVERNMENT by the choice of the CHARLES COUNTY COMMISSIONERS. A neighborhood discovered radioactivity in its water, and upon further testing it was found to be POLONIUM, which is 5000 times more radioactive than radium, which took the life of Madame Curie, who discovered both elements. From my internet research, 6.8 TRILLIONTHS of a gram is carcinogenic. A gram is about the weight of a small paper clip.

The county could have dug another well, until they found one without polonium (the stuff is very rare) but instead chose to use a $300K filtration system that is expensive to operate to filter the water (which still leaves significant amounts in the drinking water, but below EPA standards). THEN, they will truck the radioactive waste to the Mattawoman Wastewater treatment plant, and dump it UNTREATED into the effluent stream that goes into the Potomac.

I wrote a private letter to the Commissioners giving them 15 days to reverse their decision, and telling them that I would publicly applaud them if they did the right thing. I also told them that after 15 days, I would do whatever I could to stop them, including going public, and whatever else it takes. On the 19th day, I had no response at all, so I FILED SUIT AGAINST THE COUNTY, claiming that it violates the zoning ordinance, and asking for an injunction.

For more, please see the Md. Independent article below:

www.somdnews.com/stories/071406/indymor185910_32103.shtml

If you are concerned, I would like tohear from you. Thanks.

Kurt Wolfgang wolfgangcommissioner.com

aps45819 said:
:yeahthat: especially with bad links

Sorry, folks. But I do feel like I have got to get the word out about this. Everywhere I go to speak, virtually no one knows it is happening. But when they find out NOT ONE PERSON HAS BEEN IN FAVOR of dumping this radioactive waste under any circumstances. So I am a bit overzealous about not doing stupid things to our rivers, especially right now when they are closing them to water contact due to very high levels of fecal bacteria.

Now, I still haven't mastered the link thing, but I will try again.

Thanks

Kurt www.wolfgangcommissioner.com

WolfgangCommiss said:
Sorry, folks. But I do feel like I have got to get the word out about this. Everywhere I go to speak, virtually no one knows it is happening. But when they find out NOT ONE PERSON HAS BEEN IN FAVOR of dumping this radioactive waste under any circumstances. So I am a bit overzealous about not doing stupid things to our rivers, especially right now when they are closing them to water contact due to very high levels of fecal bacteria.

Thanks

Kurt wolfgangcommissioner.com

WolfgangCommiss said:
WolfgangCommiss said:

wolfgangcommissioner.com

Thanks

Kurt wolfgangcommissioner.com

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
BS Gal said:
Oh, looking, Charles County has its very own JPC.
I am still not sure how much of a real "danger" this Polonium is. And I am a little bewildered why Mr. Wolfgang has had so much trouble simply creating a link to his website.

That said, Mr. Wolfgang is far from being a JPC-type character. He has a solid resumé and he has stated some pretty sound platform issues. These are things JPC only believes he has. Just as he believes he is a good father and citizen.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
hvp05 said:
I am still not sure how much of a real "danger" this Polonium is. And I am a little bewildered why Mr. Wolfgang has had so much trouble simply creating a link to his website.

That said, Mr. Wolfgang is far from being a JPC-type character. He has a solid resumé and he has stated some pretty sound platform issues. These are things JPC only believes he has. Just as he believes he is a good father and citizen.
Ok. :jameo:

hvp05 said:

Thanks for the defense. As for the polonium, 6.8 trillionths of a gram is carcinogenic. A gram is the weight of a small paper clip. Radium exposure killed the famous scientist Marie Curie. Polonium is 5000 times more radioactive.

I am not saying that I know what will happen to this stuff, I am saying THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THIS STUFF! It is heavier than lead. I conjecture that it will come out of solution and settle to the bottom. There , it might enter the food chain, in the normal way most pollutants do, by being absorbed into plants, which are eaten by the minnows, which are eaten by the perch and rock fish and bass, which are eaten by the crabs, which are eaten by..... Now let's see, who was that at the top of the food chain again?

As for not knowing how to make a hot link, wow, are you guys tough! :wench: So I never set a hot link before! I expected it to be a one-button, simple process, and it was not. I finally experimented and found the combination. So here is the functional link, just to prove it to you. :wench:

Kurt http://wolfgangcommissioner.com

Thanks again for the kind words.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
WolfgangCommiss said:
Thanks for the defense. As for the polonium, 6.8 trillionths of a gram is carcinogenic. A gram is the weight of a small paper clip. Radium exposure killed the famous scientist Marie Curie. Polonium is 5000 times more radioactive.

I am not saying that I know what will happen to this stuff, I am saying THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THIS STUFF! It is heavier than lead. I conjecture that it will come out of solution and settle to the bottom. There , it might enter the food chain, in the normal way most pollutants do, by being absorbed into plants, which are eaten by the minnows, which are eaten by the perch and rock fish and bass, which are eaten by the crabs, which are eaten by..... Now let's see, who was that at the top of the food chain again?

As for not knowing how to make a hot link, wow, are you guys tough! :wench: So I never set a hot link before! I expected it to be a one-button, simple process, and it was not. I finally experimented and found the combination. So here is the functional link, just to prove it to you. :wench:

Kurt http://wolfgangcommissioner.com

Thanks again for the kind words.
I'm happy you are taking an interest in what is going on in Charles County. Your best bet is to talk to the employees there. I work for St. Mary's and our BOCC could'nt care less about us. It's all about the Board of Ed.

K

Kain99

I like Wolfgang and I love his platform! I had no idea Charles County was dumping radioactive material in the water. Crap that's horrible! I'm glad he's here and look forward to more interesting information. :huggy:

bcp

In My Opinion
I hope he looses his bid for office, gets pissed off and takes his ball and moves to AA county where he tries to run again. this time winning.

actually, considering he would attempt to stop the polluting of the waterways down there, I do hope he wins and gets support to follow through with his agenda.

maybe he should try spray painting his message on the county court house?

willie

bcp said:
I hope he looses his bid for office, gets pissed off and takes his ball and moves to AA county where he tries to run again. this time winning.

actually, considering he would attempt to stop the polluting of the waterways down there, I do hope he wins and gets support to follow through with his agenda.

maybe he should try spray painting his message on the county court house?
What the crap did you just say? You use up all the beer again?