Odd that a full sized supermarket building in LT sits empty for years.

Pete

Repete
I don't know what store it was since it was closed when I moved here but isn't it odd it has sat empty for so long? Who is eating the bill for that?

They just built the True Value hardware store next to it, must want too much or something because with a little modification True Value would have fit in there.

What is the story?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
I don't know what store it was since it was closed when I moved here but isn't it odd it has sat empty for so long? Who is eating the bill for that?

They just built the True Value hardware store next to it, must want too much or something because with a little modification True Value would have fit in there.

What is the story?
SuperFresh was there.

Pete

Repete
Oh and I rode by Nook and Monks and the door and windows were covered over from the inside. Must be the closing rumor was true.

Pete

Repete
Oh and business must not be too good for Linda's either. Went by and it was nearly empty.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
I heard that the rent on the old Superfresh was too high, not even Tommy McKay would move his old run-down store outside of Leonardtown in there. Nook and Monks used to be a great place for those of us that work in the area, but they lost their liquor license, and therefore most of their loyal customers, like me.

Pete

Repete
harleygirl said:
I heard that the rent on the old Superfresh was too high, not even Tommy McKay would move his old run-down store outside of Leonardtown in there. Nook and Monks used to be a great place for those of us that work in the area, but they lost their liquor license, and therefore most of their loyal customers, like me.
How did they lose their liquor license?

Pete

Repete
harleygirl said:
I wouldn't think he would want to move. That store is close to and services many people in the Hollywood area who don't want to drive to LT or Wildewood. If he moved to LT he would split his customer base with the Food Lion which you would pass to get to his place.

Pete

Repete
harleygirl said:
I heard they were selling to minors.......
I didn't think that minors were in the market for a robust red, crisp Pinot Noir or a subtle Merlot. :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Pete said:
How did they lose their liquor license?

The owners were husband and wife... bad divorce, wife got the resturante, Liquor license was in husbands name. He wouldnt renew it

Cant say I blame him

Pete

Repete
LordStanley said:
The owners were husband and wife... bad divorce, wife got the resturante, Liquor license was in husbands name. He wouldnt renew it

Cant say I blame him
Is the bureaucracy so screwed up she could not apply for one in her own name? That was bad enough to cause it to close?

Oh and I rode by Nook and Monks and the door and windows were covered over from the inside. Must be the closing rumor was true.

Wow, I had no idea Nooks and Monks was closing. The last couple of times I was there, the waitress informed me that they were not serving alcohol. I thought it was odd, but didn't ask about it at the time. Does anyone know when their last day is?

Pete

Repete
gardengirl said:
Wow, I had no idea Nooks and Monks was closing. The last couple of times I was there, the waitress informed me that they were not serving alcohol. I thought it was odd, but didn't ask about it at the time. Does anyone know when their last day is?
I think "When their last day was?" is the proper question.

Tomcat

Anytime
Pete said:
What is the story?
I've heard that SuperFresh is still paying the rent, even though the store is no longer there :shrug:

LordStanley said:

Cant say I blame him
If her ex won't transfer the liquor license, maybe she has to close, re-open and apply for a new license? :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Tomcat said:
I've heard that SuperFresh is still paying the rent, even though the store is no longer there :shrug:

For 3 + years? :faint:

Tomcat said:
If her ex won't transfer the liquor license, maybe she has to close, re-open and apply for a new license? :shrug:
Hmmmm seems easy enough. Turn off the lights after closing, yell you are all fired, turn lights back on, yell you are all hired back. Presto majico :shrug:

JaRome

Mad Medic
Pete said:
For 3 + years? :faint:

I hear they can claim the loss and that claiming the loss is better than lowering the rent, which is why they won't lower it to attract someone in there. Sucks to have it in there... :jameo:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Pete said:
I don't know what store it was since it was closed when I moved here but isn't it odd it has sat empty for so long?

Could be Super Fresh had a lease with the owner that they couldn't get out of (not likely, I suppose). The SFW down by San Souci was also a Super Fresh. I think the story at the time was, Super Fresh decided they had over-extended themselves in our direction and pulled out - VERY suddenly.

Pete, you and DoWhat ought to get together and take advantage of this fine business opportunity. Move in there and start your own store; doesn't have to be groceries. It could be like an upscale Big Lots; you could call it "Pete's Lots DoWhat." You could have an advertising jingle: "Pete's Lots DoWhat? Save YOU money, that's what!"