Mad Max

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a stupid movie. I somehow managed to avoid it all these years. I wish I could still say that. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
It was a "ground breaker" back in it's day.
Do mothers typically go off to lay on the beach and leave their toddlers unattended?

This just could have been more realistic. :critic:

Kerad

"Mad Max" was a very low budget film that became a cult hit in it's own country of Australia.

Obvously, "The Road Warrior" ("Mad Max 2 in AUS") had a much bigger budget due to it's Aussie success, and surpassed "Mad Max" in all regards...especially here in the States...where we had not seen "Mad Max" until after "RW" had made it big.

I think "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" was quite weak...but that was due to the Tina Turner / little kids factor, IMO. Though..the reference of "Two men enter, one man leaves" seems to have stuck with us.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Kerad said:
Another celebrity DUI....ehh.

The bigger story is they didn't let him off with it. Cops must not have liked "Passion of the Christ" or somethin'.

The actor and "The Passion of the Christ" director also apologized for what he said were "despicable" statements he made to the deputies who arrested him early Friday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," he said in a statement issued by his publicist. "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

That might have had something to do with it too...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
This is a stupid movie. I somehow managed to avoid it all these years. I wish I could still say that. :ohwell:

I love that movie! I watch it over and over....

It keeps me primed for the coming apocalypse! :biggrin:

Kerad

RoseRed said:
That might have had something to do with it too...

Yeah...that certainly didn't help Mel. I think it's part of being Aussie...slag off at the cops at any given opportunity! :lmao:

Oh well...at least he's being humble (smart) about it. We all know, nowadays...an apology and contriteness will get you further than the coverup/ denial will.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Kerad said:
Yeah...that certainly didn't help Mel. I think it's part of being Aussie...slag off at the cops at any given opportunity! :lmao:

Oh well...at least he's being humble (smart) about it. We all know, nowadays...an apology and contriteness will get you further than the coverup/ denial will.

Moreso than Russell Crowe. :lmao:

Kerad

RoseRed said:
Moreso than Russell Crowe. :lmao:

I'm a Russell fan too.

I'm thinking I give 'em more slack cause I prolly could've been in trouble for the same thing..and reacted the same way...as they did.

Only differece being..that I (as a non-celebrity) would be rotting in a jail cell.

Oh well....that's the way it is.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Kerad said:
I'm a Russell fan too.

I'm thinking I give 'em more slack cause I prolly could've been in trouble for the same thing..and reacted the same way...as they did.

Only differece being..that I (as a non-celebrity) would be rotting in a jail cell.

Oh well....that's the way it is.

I used to want to be an actress. Glad I didn't go that route.

Kerad

RoseRed said:
I used to want to be an actress. Glad I didn't go that route.

What was the alternate route you took?

I only ask because I got the "acting bug" just recently. As they say...if you're a good liar...you're a good actor. :yay: I'm a great liar. Maybe enough so to be President someday! :lmao: