Schwans Food Delivery

puddin

Hello- Has anyone ever dealt with Schwans Home Delivery? If so, were you pleased? I received a brochure the other day and the food looks good, but I'd like to find out if others have had any dealings with them.

Thanks!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to get Schwans and LOVED it! The food was always great. They used to come in when I was at work and fill my freezer, which was totally convenient! Sometimes I'd leave a note and tell them to leave out a pack of beef tips or something for dinner.

In fact, now that you mention it, I'm going to sign back up for service. Thanks, Puddin!

H

Heretic

Use to where I use to live, these guys became a pain in the ### over time though, stopping a couple times a week as late as 10:30 PM to see if I wanted anything. Their products are some of the best frozen food out there however and on par pricewise with the name brand stuff at normal grocery stores.

puddin

Thanks for the input!

Vrai- really nice of them to load your fridge for you! It would be nice if they prepared the meals too!

I have perused their website already. It looks like they have a wide variety of products to choose from.

Home delivery kind of reminds me of when I was a kid. We used to have Green Spring Dairy deliver milk, butter, etc. We had a little metal container that we kept on the front porch for deliveries. Yes, I am OLD!

Thanks again, everyone! I'm going to give Schwans a try.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Up here (in Frederick) it's lousy with dairy farms. We have one about a mile away that delivers milk in glass bottles, yogurt, ice cream, sour cream, etc to your house! It's just like the milk man when I was a kid! I don't eat or drink dairy products (except cheese) but it's still really cool.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
That's awesome, Vrai!! My grandfather was a milkman, and although I never met him my Mom has a few of the glass milk jugs that used to be his. The whole 'milkman's child' joke is right on the money for her!

Cheerios

Schwann's

I hve a friend who lives in Bushwood and works in DC - and has been buying from them for years. I was quite impressed with their food - I even bought some ice cream from them which is better then the norm -took to son in law to make him happy. they have everything imagineable - and all were much better then I ever expected and better then the grocery stores -