Question About....

JTross

JTross
:howdy: :howdy: I have a question to ask... Our washer/dryer stackable in our apartment in Wildewood just clunked. Well we talked to our landlord and she went and got another Washer/Dryer stackable from Lowes. Well they told her that they would be able to deliver on Wednesday but didn't give a time frame. So my question is have any of you ever gotten anything delivered from Lowe's and if so did they give a time frame or do they just call 10 minutes before they get there? I'm just trying to figure out what I should do about work. Please let me know!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
JTross said:
:howdy: :howdy: I have a question to ask... Our washer/dryer stackable in our apartment in Wildewood just clunked. Well we talked to our landlord and she went and got another Washer/Dryer stackable from Lowes. Well they told her that they would be able to deliver on Wednesday but didn't give a time frame. So my question is have any of you ever gotten anything delivered from Lowe's and if so did they give a time frame or do they just call 10 minutes before they get there? I'm just trying to figure out what I should do about work. Please let me know!
We purchased a washer, dryer, and fridge from Lowes (albeit in a different state). They told us they'd bring it over the next morning, and they were there at 8 am.

JTross

JTross
Nickel said:
We purchased a washer, dryer, and fridge from Lowes (albeit in a different state). They told us they'd bring it over the next morning, and they were there at 8 am.

Oh wow, sounds like maybe I should just take the morning off. I mean she purchased them from the Lowes in California, MD which is literally like two minutes away from us, so I'm guessing we will probably be their first delivery for the day.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
JTross said:
Oh wow, sounds like maybe I should just take the morning off. I mean she purchased them from the Lowes in California, MD which is literally like two minutes away from us, so I'm guessing we will probably be their first delivery for the day.
We live very close to our Lowes too.

JTross

JTross
Nickel said:
We live very close to our Lowes too.

I was just a little iffy about taking the morning off because I just got back from vacation so leave is a little sparing and didn't want to take four hours of leave and they still not be there

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We had a deep freezer delivered, and to their promise, Lowe's showed up before 8:00 a.m. so that I didn't have to take leave.

I'd call Lowe's to see if they can narrow down the timeframe of the delivery, even if they do nothing more than give you a morning or afternoon timeframe.

JTross

JTross
BadGirl said:
We had a deep freezer delivered, and to their promise, Lowe's showed up before 8:00 a.m. so that I didn't have to take leave.

I'd call Lowe's to see if they can narrow down the timeframe of the delivery, even if they do nothing more than give you a morning or afternoon timeframe.

I called them about it this morning and all they would tell me is that I would have to wait and see for a time frame and that they would call the landlord tomorrow so she could let us know when. They said they don't give time frames until the day of the delivery because they like to wait until they get all their deliveries for the day mapped and routed out and then give time frames.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
JTross said:
They said they don't give time frames until the day of the delivery because they like to wait until they get all their deliveries for the day mapped and routed out and then give time frames.

Makes sense. :shrug: I've given delivery folks my phone number and asked them to call me when they're en route to my place to avoid the "sometime between 8 and wheneverthehellifeellikeit" syndrome. If they refuse, I'd take my business elsewhere. Your time is just as valuable. In fact, you should have the landlord meet them there. :yay: