Nursing Home Visit

mingiz

Horse Poor
Myself and a few friends got together and we took a donkey,2 mini's,1 pot belly pig,2rabbits,2chickens,1pgmy goat,1 dog, a parakeet and Macaw parrot and a chinchilla over to ST. Mary's nursing home for the residents to see and touch. All the animals were great, the residents really enjoyed it also. I think that we're going to start doing this on a regular basis. It was a good feeling seeing all the residents smiling and even the not so coherent ones.

K

Kain99

Would you be interseted in brining your babies to Waldorf? I know our residents would love this!

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
mingiz said:
Myself and a few friends got together and we took a donkey,2 mini's,1 pot belly pig,2rabbits,2chickens,1pgmy goat,1 dog, a parakeet and Macaw parrot and a chinchilla over to ST. Mary's nursing home for the residents to see and touch. All the animals were great, the residents really enjoyed it also. I think that we're going to start doing this on a regular basis. It was a good feeling seeing all the residents smiling and even the not so coherent ones.

Animal therapy is great for young children and elderly. :yay:

mingiz said:

:clap: That is awesome! I have always wanted to do something like that, but my dog is....ummmm, a little too overbearing and hyperactive for that kind of thing.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Kain99 said:
Would you be interseted in brining your babies to Waldorf? I know our residents would love this!

Yesterday was our first time so we still have a few things to take care of But Yes in the future we probably could.

mamissa3

I would be interested in just visiting nursing homes in the area....I love old people. :) anybody know how to get involved in that?? do you just go to these places?

mingiz

Horse Poor
Just go to one and ask the activities director. Most of them are begging for people to come in once a week or month to provide the residents with some kind of entertainment. It was a great feeling to see the residents smile and laugh and pet the animals. It also gave us great satisfaction knowing we made them happy and that we could do something with our animals.

PrepH4U

mingiz said:
Just go to one and ask the activities director. Most of them are begging for people to come in once a week or month to provide the residents with some kind of entertainment. It was a great feeling to see the residents smile and laugh and pet the animals. It also gave us great satisfaction knowing we made them happy and that we could do something with our animals.
:yay: :clap:
Good job!

PrepH4U

mingiz said:
Thanks Prep :huggy: We thought about using LULU but figured she would butt someone for a hug... :lmao:
Yep she could bump them down the hall pretty good! :lol: So is she bumping you for hugs now? If she is, that is just so darn cool! :howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
PrepH4U said:
Yep she could bump them down the hall pretty good! :lol: So is she bumping you for hugs now? If she is, that is just so darn cool! :howdy:

Oh yes she has been from day one :lmao: It's cute until she sneaks up on a and hits ya in the back of the knees...But we wouldn't give her up. She is a charactor for sure. Stop by sometime and visit her.... :howdy:

PrepH4U

mingiz said:
Oh yes she has been from day one :lmao: It's cute until she sneaks up on a and hits ya in the back of the knees...But we wouldn't give her up. She is a charactor for sure. Stop by sometime and visit her.... :howdy:
Count on it! I didn't want to be a bother and let you think I was always checking on her. :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
PrepH4U said:
Count on it! I didn't want to be a bother and let you think I was always checking on her. :huggy:

Your not a bother we already told you anytime you wanted to visit just go there. :huggy: If anyone says anything just tell them that we said it was ok. If your checking on her she is the fat one out there.... :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
mingiz said:
Yesterday was our first time so we still have a few things to take care of But Yes in the future we probably could.

Would love to participate. I have a couple minis who adore attention. Let me know when you do this again. It's wonderful!!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
I also know that the adult day care center in Hollywood is asking for people to come and show things to the adults there. There located at the old elementry school. A friends uncle attends there and thier newsletter was asking for people to share things with them.

Cowgirl

Hey Mingiz, remember me? I'm the one that adopted Donk a few years back. I was wondering how his daughter was doing? I think you said her name was Joyful? Anyway, I saw her when she was a baby, and was just wondering how she is!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Oh yes I remember ya.... :howdy: I'm not sure where she ended up. My friend had to downsize the herd because of illness. We still have the original 2 Jack & Jill. There in thier late 20's that we know of. And we have LuLu that was given to us by Prep4U. She's a trip..have to watch your back around her. She loves to sneak up on ya and butt ya for attention. Stop by the next time your down this way....