I hate Linoleum

fttrsbeerwench

I have off white and rose colored linoleum in my kitchen and IT looks like CRAP! Until I can afford to get some laminant to put down I was wondering...

How does one get this stuff to look clean?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have no idea, but have you tried Softscrub? That stuff can get anything out. I thought my white kitchen table was stained (munchkin spilled his blue juice), nothing would get it out. My mom suggested Softscrub, and it came right out, no elbow grease required.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Nickel said:
I have no idea, but have you tried Softscrub? That stuff can get anything out. I thought my white kitchen table was stained (munchkin spilled his blue juice), nothing would get it out. My mom suggested Softscrub, and it came right out, no elbow grease required.

I got some of that "KABOOM" cleaner the other day and I don't think there is anything that that stuff won't get clean

fttrsbeerwench

I got BAM, but that crap foams up so bad it looks like milk and I can't tell if I'm getting it clean.....I tred Comet, I've always used Comet on toilets and tubs, but it leaves a film.:ohwell: So I'd like to find something that will rinse clean.

On a side note, my second paper for English was about the cleanliness and organization of your home.. It got me mad kudos!!:getdown:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
fttrsbeerwench said:
I got BAM, but that crap foams up so bad it looks like milk and I can't tell if I'm getting it clean.....I tred Comet, I've always used Comet on toilets and tubs, but it leaves a film.:ohwell: So I'd like to find something that will rinse clean.
Softscrub leaves a wicked film too. It worked so well, and so easily, on my table, that I thought I'd go ahead and clean my entire bathroom with it. :ohwell: Took more than twice as long to clean up all the film than it would have if I'd just cleaned it per usual. :lmao:

onebdzee

off the shelf
fttrsbeerwench said:

On a side note, my second paper for English was about the cleanliness and organization of your home.. It got me mad kudos!!:getdown:

That stuff that I have doesn't leave any film at all....spray it on, let it sit for a couple of seconds and wipe it off with a clean wet rag

I got this sample of cleaner in the mail the other day and it says that it is all organic and supposed to clean everything without leaving a film behind....I'll try it tomorrow morning when I clean the bathrooms and tell you how it does....if it works good, I'll be more than willing to meet you somewhere and give you some of it

fttrsbeerwench

1BDZ.. let me know how the organic one works out.. I'm always looking for good stuff like that.. I can't use bleach anymore because it makes me break out in a rash:ohwell: Shiat, nearly everything breaks me out anymore.

CMC? Is the sweep and mop tht purples one that has grooves in it? My aunt gave me something like that last month and I love it for bathrooms, where hair is usually all over.. It doesn't pick up brocolli spears and shicken nuggies too well though... :lmao:

CMC122

Go Braves!
fttrsbeerwench said:
CMC? Is the sweep and mop tht purples one that has grooves in it? My aunt gave me something like that last month and I love it for bathrooms, where hair is usually all over.. It doesn't pick up brocolli spears and shicken nuggies too well though... :lmao:
Yes, I love that friggen thing! My dogs are quick on the food that drops, I think they sense it before the kids even drop it:lol:

onebdzee

off the shelf
fttrsbeerwench said:
1BDZ.. let me know how the organic one works out.. I'm always looking for good stuff like that.. I can't use bleach anymore because it makes me break out in a rash:ohwell: Shiat, nearly everything breaks me out anymore.

T tried it out before I even got it(the package was delivered to the shop and he couldn't seem to read the name on the box) and he said it seems to work on everything but axle grease

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
fttrsbeerwench said:
How does one get this stuff to look clean?
I use the Swiffer in the kitchen and bathrooms where there is linoleum. However, about once a month I get down on my hands and knees and scrub, scrub, scrub the floors. Get a bristled brush and some cleaner (I use PineSol) and go to town. We don't have any "dirt" spots and it always looks clean (until little doggy spills his food all over the floor :biggrin: ).

LordStanley

I know nothing
Chasey_Lane said:
I use the Swiffer in the kitchen and bathrooms where there is linoleum. However, about once a month I get down on my hands and knees and scrub, scrub, scrub the floors. Get a bristled brush and some cleaner (I use PineSol) and go to town. We don't have any "dirt" spots and it always looks clean (until little doggy spills his food all over the floor :biggrin: ).

:yeahthat:

And for the finishing touch, I use mop-and-Glo. makes the floor look Shiney and new!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why not just paint it? Then you can have whatever you want and not what some flooring designer thinks you should have.