Tree removal

MikeyBash

The storm knocked a very large oak tree down on top of my detached garage, and my insurance will only pay $500 to remove it. So far, the only quote I've gotten has been from Newton's, and they want $4200 to bring in their crain and bucket truck. This is a big honkin tree, so that may end up being necessary, but i was wondering if anybody could recommend a local tree-removal company that may be able to do this job cheaper.

thanks in advance for any help.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Dayumn, that's a big difference..I would get a number of estimates and go back to my insurance co. and show them....Might work...That really pizzes me off when you pay through the nose for insurance, then when something happens they're useless...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Dupontster said:
Dayumn, that's a big difference..I would get a number of estimates and go back to my insurance co. and show them....Might work...That really pizzes me off when you pay through the nose for insurance, then when something happens they're useless...
:yeahthat:

Carla2786

Carla2786
my dad and my brother do tree removal but dont have insurance but if you need them to have insurance my dad has a friend that can cover them

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I just had a quote for having two trees removed that are at least 30 feet high, 10 feet off the back of the house, and come up through my deck. $1500 for both, and yes, that's using a crane. Granted, I live in another state, but I think you're getting S-C-R-E-W-E-D!!! :bubble:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Make sure that whatever company you use, make sure they are PROPERLY insured, and check references. You may want to check on the state law concerning tree removal companies.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We used St. Mary's Tree Service for two huge oaks (one had 3 trunks) a little holly tree and grinding the stumps. They charged us $1200 and did it the next day.

glhs837

Power with Control
We had Camden Tree Service take down the huge oak that was threatening our wellhead. Far less than the $4200.

Who is this Mikeinsmd guy? :lol:
Bay Forest Tree is still in business.

St. Mary's Tree is still around too. He did a job for me in July, took down 2 large maples and ground the stumps, graded (kinda) and seeded for $1500. Beware tho, Thomas is an animal. I've never seen someone attack and fell a tree the way he does, and his skillz with a payloader are.... yikes. Most of the time it was on 2 wheels.

Have had Jeff's (301) 997-0006, and Kerwin's 301-994-9388, both top notch, bonded insured, etc...