looking for a vet and a petsitter in or around La Plata

rsburke

southern transplant
Hi all-

My husband and I just moved to La Plata from North Carolina. We have 2 dachshunds (8 and 10 years old) and one kitty (13 years old). We're looking for:

1- a good vet within a 30 minute drive of La Plata. Our critters are generally healthy, but not so young anymore. I'd prefer a vet that either has, or has access to, a 24-hour emergency clinic.

2- a reliable, bonded and insured petsitter. We live off of route 6 about 3 miles east of town. The critters are all pretty low-maintenance; we just don't kennel the dogs because one of them freaks around other dogs. Our kitty just chills on the couch and demands love.

3- I'm having surgery soon and will have trouble climbing stairs- which is a problem, as our house is a split level and you have to go down a flight of stairs to get outside. I'd like to find either (1) someone who could come by once a day to take the dogs out, or (2) a small dog run/pen that i could set up in the front yard to let the dogs out to potty in.

So far, we're adjusting well to living in southern maryland- I work in DC, which is a really crappy commute, but it's nice to come home to the peace and quiet at the end of the day.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

rb

tes218

Vet and Petsitter

rsburke said:
Hi all-

My husband and I just moved to La Plata from North Carolina. We have 2 dachshunds (8 and 10 years old) and one kitty (13 years old). We're looking for:

1- a good vet within a 30 minute drive of La Plata. Our critters are generally healthy, but not so young anymore. I'd prefer a vet that either has, or has access to, a 24-hour emergency clinic.

2- a reliable, bonded and insured petsitter. We live off of route 6 about 3 miles east of town. The critters are all pretty low-maintenance; we just don't kennel the dogs because one of them freaks around other dogs. Our kitty just chills on the couch and demands love.

3- I'm having surgery soon and will have trouble climbing stairs- which is a problem, as our house is a split level and you have to go down a flight of stairs to get outside. I'd like to find either (1) someone who could come by once a day to take the dogs out, or (2) a small dog run/pen that i could set up in the front yard to let the dogs out to potty in.

So far, we're adjusting well to living in southern maryland- I work in DC, which is a really crappy commute, but it's nice to come home to the peace and quiet at the end of the day.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

rb

Hello.

Please see this link for information on a vet.

http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?t=81087

I use Dr. Pressman at White Plains Animal Hospital and the person I recommended him to seemed very pleased.

I also use Dee from Pawfessional Pet Care. I've used her and her husband for about 10 years and can't say enough good things about them. Her website is www.inhomepetcare.com.

Hope this helps.