Tomatoes...

Ponytail

Ok. i have 3 tomato plants, still. I have fixed the worm and mouse problem.

Now, my plants are LOADED with buds and flowers. But still no tomatoes.

The buds flower out, then fall off. What am I missing? bad soil, another type of bug? Bees not finding my flowers? I see the hummingbirds going to them, never really paid enough attention to them to notice if bees are pollenating them or not.

Oh yea. Im down to Two pepper plants. I have ONE pepper. The same deal with those though. Buds flower out, then fall off. No fruit.

:confused:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I never had any luck with tomatos no matter what I did. Potted, planted, never got a thing. Have you been able to grow them before?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
I never had any luck with tomatos no matter what I did. Potted, planted, never got a thing. Have you been able to grow them before?
I used to grow the cherry maters in pots on my deck and the big ones in the garden and they all did great. They had lots of sunshine throughout the day, so I never had a problem with them.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
I used to grow the cherry maters in pots on my deck and the big ones in the garden and they all did great. They had lots of sunshine throughout the day, so I never had a problem with them.
I think I over-watered mine that I had in the pots. We've never had luck with a garden here, but the soil is clay-like. Even when I potted them and gave them plenty of sun, I had no luck. I gave up. The co-workers bring in tons of tomatos and peppers, so I get them without the work involved. Not so many this year, though.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
I think I over-watered mine that I had in the pots. We've never had luck with a garden here, but the soil is clay-like. Even when I potted them and gave them plenty of sun, I had no luck. I gave up. The co-workers bring in tons of tomatos and peppers, so I get them without the work involved. Not so many this year, though.

Mine would back and forth between wilting and over watering.

When chicklet was a toddler she would pick the green cherries and squish them on the deck. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
Mine would back and forth between wilting and over watering.

When chicklet was a toddler she would pick the green cherries and squish them on the deck. :lmao:
:lmao: When we lived in Ridge, 20 years ago, my 2 year old would pick the tomatos off the vine, take a bite, and throw them down and smash them. Crap, that was my first year that I had EVER had a vegetable garden. We lived on a farm and the neighbor plowed 1/4 acre for us. I planted two rows of zucchini. I ended up taking a bunch every week to Ms. Duffy at Duffy's and she'd fry them up and sell them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
:lmao: When we lived in Ridge, 20 years ago, my 2 year old would pick the tomatos off the vine, take a bite, and throw them down and smash them. Crap, that was my first year that I had EVER had a vegetable garden. We lived on a farm and the neighbor plowed 1/4 acre for us. I planted two rows of zucchini. I ended up taking a bunch every week to Ms. Duffy at Duffy's and she'd fry them up and sell them.

My Gammo had a neighbor lady named Mrs. Duffy when I was a leetle girl, but that was back in Palo Alto. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
My Gammo had a neighbor lady named Mrs. Duffy when I was a leetle girl, but that was back in Palo Alto. :lol:
Did you ever go to Duffy's in Scotland? That place was a dive, but they had good music and good people. My first introduction to Southern Maryland. And Buzzy's. I thought the people here were the greatest. So much for the outsiders that "can't" adjust or don't feel welcome. We were welcomed from the start.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
Did you ever go to Duffy's in Scotland? That place was a dive, but they had good music and good people. My first introduction to Southern Maryland. And Buzzy's. I thought the people here were the greatest. So much for the outsiders that "can't" adjust or don't feel welcome. We were welcomed from the start.

Not familiar with Duffy's but I have been to Buzzy's Store. I don't spend much time in south county.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
Not familiar with Duffy's but I have been to Buzzy's Store. I don't spend much time in south county.
We lived right around the corner from Buzzy's when we first moved here. We never go down there anymore, except last weekend when we went to see Mystical Mom, but I have good memories. It was a culture shock, but I loved it down there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
We lived right around the corner from Buzzy's when we first moved here. We never go down there anymore, except last weekend when we went to see Mystical Mom, but I have good memories. It was a culture shock, but I loved it down there.

I like it here. I moved from California state to Hollywood, MD then to California, MD. It confuses the crap out of my cousin in Denmark. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
I like it here. I moved from California state to Hollywood, MD then to California, MD. It confuses the crap out of my cousin in Denmark. :lmao:
Moved from San Diego, California to Yuma to Ridge to California. My friends from high school all think I live back where I started out.

Here's what REALLY bothers me. When you order something over the phone and they ask the city and State and you say "california" and they say "city first, please." Then you have to explain. It takes forever.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
Moved from San Diego, California to Yuma to Ridge to California. My friends from high school all think I live back where I started out.

Here's what REALLY bothers me. When you order something over the phone and they ask the city and State and you say "california" and they say "city first, please." Then you have to explain. It takes forever.

:lol: When I told cousin that I moved to California, MD she thought I would be able to see my Uncle (her father) a lot more. Then came the MapQuest pic from me explaining where in the USA I live. :lmao: