Does anyone know what happened on Ball Road Saturday Night?

maliberry

We were on our way home Saturday night around 1:45am and went down Ball Road in Broomes Island and had to turn around. The police officer came up to our car and said we needed to turn around because 2 people were dead. Anyone have any information as to what happened?

rack'm

Jaded
Ejections happen quite often in rollovers and motocycle accidents.....it depends on the situation.

maliberry

Incredible...we were second car back and didn't even see a car wreck...we thought there may have been a shooting or stabbing. Drove down that road yesterday and there did not seem to be skid marks either.

starlight2

The rumor going around is they were past or present students of Patuxent High School and that one was arrested for drunk driving, two died and one's machine was unplugged this morning. That's coming from High School kids so I don't know if there is any truth in it. We've been trying to find out the story too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Great. Another roadside memorial will be set up. Any takers on how soon this will take place?

sdm

maliberry said:
We were on our way home Saturday night around 1:45am and went down Ball Road in Broomes Island and had to turn around.

Dang!! When did they move Ball Road and put it in Broomes Island? For the newbies to Calvert and others, if you travel down Rt. 264 (Broomes Island Road), you will reach BROOMES ISLAND in about 6 miles. Broomes Island Road, Ball Road, Hance Road, Williams Wharf Road, Ross Road, etc. IS NOT Broomes Island. Broomes Island begins after you pass :howdy: Dawkins Hill.

Tina2001aniT

starlight2 said:
The rumor going around is they were past or present students of Patuxent High School and that one was arrested for drunk driving, two died and one's machine was unplugged this morning. That's coming from High School kids so I don't know if there is any truth in it. We've been trying to find out the story too.

They were PHS students at some point (I know that the deceased was 21ish)......
As of Sunday morning, one had died, one was pretty bad off, but the other two were expected to make a full recovery.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sdm said:
Dang!! When did they move Ball Road and put it in Broomes Island? For the newbies to Calvert and others, if you travel down Rt. 264 (Broomes Island Road), you will reach BROOMES ISLAND in about 6 miles. Broomes Island Road, Ball Road, Hance Road, Williams Wharf Road, Ross Road, etc. IS NOT Broomes Island. Broomes Island begins after you pass :howdy: Dawkins Hill.

Being just a tad nickpicky, ain't ya? Maybe they worded it wrong. Ball Road does intersect with Broomes Island Road.

maliberry

cattitude said:
Being just a tad nickpicky, ain't ya? Maybe they worded it wrong. Ball Road does intersect with Broomes Island Road.

Thank you...I was quickly posting this morning at work...I figured anyone that was familiar with the area would understand.... :yay:

greyhound

itsbob said:
How can you be dead AND paralyzed, and how did the other dead guy walk away??

What didn't you understand...?

4 people in the truck...
Two died...
1 was paralized
1 still alive