Should I bother

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
to try and get my JVC receiver repaired or just shiatcan it and get a new one? I lost the left channel, I think on just the fronts. (rears not hooked up in our temp digs) It is about 3 years old and it was a home theater in a box type deal so it wasn't too expensive ($350.00) The wife wants the Bose 321 $$$ and I am leaning towards a standard 5.1 with wireless rears (Sony)$$.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
If it's only three years old, ####can it and get a new one. All the new electronics is like that now a days, just disposable. I have a friend that has a solid state reciever from like 1974. That thing sounds awsome and has lasted, and if it broke, you can fix it.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kom526 said:
to try and get my JVC receiver repaired or just shiatcan it and get a new one? I lost the left channel, I think on just the fronts. (rears not hooked up in our temp digs) It is about 3 years old and it was a home theater in a box type deal so it wasn't too expensive ($350.00) The wife wants the Bose 321 $$$ and I am leaning towards a standard 5.1 with wireless rears (Sony)$$.

Electronics are disposable,
Shiat-Can it and go for something new that works.
Repair shops rip you off !!!!

buddy999

It's Great to be American
kom526 said:

I'd lean toward the BOSE system. They are expensive but I've heard that the expense is worth it. I've been thinking about buying one myself but they are just a little out of my range at the moment.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
The Bose is the way to go IMO....Those thing are expensive but they have the sound...I need a new system too but I just can't justify the Bose right now.$$$$$

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The responses pretty much sum up my thoughts on the receiver. It would probably cost as much to fix it would to replace it. I'll probably hold off on a new home theater system until we are completely moved into the new place. I do need to get a new receiver so I can listen to the Skins on the radio while watching the game. :yay: