cell phone

Christy

b*tch rocket
Okay, it's almost time to upgrade, and the choices are endless, any suggestions on good phones, bad phones? Anyone have the V-Cast deal? Is it worth it? I think I'm leaning towards an I-podish type cell phone. Anyone have one?

slotted

Christy said:
Okay, it's almost time to upgrade, and the choices are endless, any suggestions on good phones, bad phones? Anyone have the V-Cast deal? Is it worth it? I think I'm leaning towards an I-podish type cell phone. Anyone have one?

My chocolate phone is i-podish. I love it too. The only thing I don't really care for are the small keys on the number pad, but once you have everyone's number in, it's easy to just use the touch pad. The only problem you have with the number pad is drunk texting. :otter:

Christy

b*tch rocket
slotted said:
My chocolate phone is i-podish. I love it too. The only thing I don't really care for are the small keys on the number pad, but once you have everyone's number in, it's easy to just use the touch pad. The only problem you have with the number pad is drunk texting. :otter:

I think that's what we're leaning towards, (chocolate) although the pink razor is made of aircraft grade aluminum. :jet: :lol: What is the difference in features between the razors and the chocolate? :confused:

Oh! And how easy is it to transfer music from your pc to your chocolate phone?

BTW, Pixie hooked me up with her old phone, so I'm now back in bidnezz. :yay: :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Christy said:
I think that's what we're leaning towards, (chocolate) although the pink razor is made of aircraft grade aluminum. :jet: :lol: What is the difference in features between the razors and the chocolate? :confused:

BTW, Pixie hooked me up with her old phone, so I'm now back in bidnezz. :yay: :lol:
:howdy: Adam and I both have Razor phones. He's downloaded quite a bit of music onto his, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I figure I have a car stereo, iPod, house stereo, computer, TV, etc, I really don't need music on my cell phone too. Between the both of us, we've dropped our phones in a myriad of environments and surfaces, and they hold up very well. :lol:

Christy said:
My son's phone was in an accident and the top part is basically useless. I can't see the sense in him putting out big money to buy a replacement. How hard was it to get Verizon to activate a "used" phone to his number as replacement...:confused:

Christy

b*tch rocket
kwillia said:
My son's phone was in an accident and the top part is basically useless. I can't see the sense in him putting out big money to buy a replacement. How hard was it to get Verizon to activate a "used" phone to his number as replacement...:confused:

Super easy. You just take it to the customer service desk and have it changed over. I think you can even do it yourself online. :yay:

Christy said:
Super easy. You just take it to the customer service desk and have it changed over. I think you can even do it yourself online. :yay:
Via the Verizonwireless website? Someone told me that they thought he could pick up a phone in Best Buy and then activate it online as a replacement for his phone, but I had concern that it wouldn't be that easy...:eyebrow:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
Via the Verizonwireless website? Someone told me that they thought he could pick up a phone in Best Buy and then activate it online as a replacement for his phone, but I had concern that it wouldn't be that easy...:eyebrow:
It has to be a Verizon programmed phone. You can't just buy one at Best Buy (unless you want to pay the insane amount they call "at cost") without activating a plan. You can get one on eBay, or from a random person though. You just login to your verizon account online, select "activate phone", pick the appropriate line, and enter the new phone's ESN/MEID number. Easy as pie.

Nickel said:
It has to be a Verizon programmed phone. You can't just buy one at Best Buy (unless you want to pay the insane amount they call "at cost") without activating a plan. You can get one on eBay, or from a random person though. You just login to your verizon account online, select "activate phone", pick the appropriate line, and enter the new phone's ESN/MEID number. Easy as pie.
Aaaaah... that's the Verizon "catch" I was looking for.... it does have to be a Verizon phone. Thanks all!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
Aaaaah... that's the Verizon "catch" I was looking for.... it does have to be a Verizon phone. Thanks all!
That's the deal with all cell phone companies, as far as I'm aware.

Christy

b*tch rocket
kwillia said:

Hit up Pixie, I think she might have another old verizon phone. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Christy said:
Hit up Pixie, I think she might have another old verizon phone. :shrug:
Thank goodness she did not take me to Verizon when she got this phone. One more sales guy trying to talk me into a calling plan for my daughter and I would really start feeling bad. :bawl:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Christy said:
I had the V-cast for a bit, but don't necessarily think it is worth the extra cost. Day just got Verizon's new slim phone that is kinda' like the Razr. It works the same as a Blackberry and he likes it bunches.

Midnightrider

I've got the Audiovox 8940 (VZW), that has the MP3 player, camera and all that, takes a mini SD card so you can use it for a thumb drive too.
Pretty happy, but i think they have a newer version out now.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Christy said:

I was looking at the LG-V/V-Cast for BG.. a QWERTY keyboard, camera (1.3 MP) removable memory on a mini SD card (my phone has this and I LOVE it) large screen, stereo speakers, and the list goes on and on..

Either that or a PALM TREO phone.. like a crackberry but better.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Christy said:
So what actually do you get with V-Cast? Can you still download music to your phone if you don't have V-Cast?
But V-Cast phones are stereo..

They are made to PLAY music, not just store it. You can buy stereo headphones, speakers, and listen to it just like an I-POD..